I sent all this stuff to Gre' Tan before my job responsibilites changed.
I just don't have the time to drive to my long distance shooting spot anymore.
This rifle is UNFIRED since returning from Greg for all the work. I've chambered the two dummy rounds I sent just to see check how it fed(nice).
Remington 700 Stainless Ultra-Mag action
- Greg's complete action truing job, everything
- Bolt raceway bored oversized, bolt body bushed
- Firing pin hole bushed and firing pin turned undersided to fit
- Receiver threads single point recut to new bolt raceway
- Heavy magnum recoil lug
- Jewell trigger
- Wyatt extended magazine box fitted for extended OAL
- Factory bolt handle drilled and tapped for countersunk screw
- Cut made full length fit to chamber bore guide(a work of art)
- Gre' Tan firing pin assembly(was originally a J-lock)
- Broughton 338 5C Palma Taper - 1/10 twist
- OPS Inc. brake fitted
- Chambered for 338-300 RUM(Edge), throated .3385" OD for 300g Sierra MK at magazine OAL
- 32.5" from front of receiver to end of brake
- Enough straight cylinder to be set back and rechambered at least twice(with enough barrel length to boot).
Stock & Bottom Metal
- Manners MCS-T
- Paint by Greg, Desert Tan with black
- Pillar bedded by Greg
- 13.5" LOP
- Williams one-piece stainless triggerguard
Dies, brass, bullets and accessories
- Redding 338/300 RUM die set
- 100 +/- pieces of Nosler Premium brass, 50 or so have already been fully processed ready to load
- An unopened box of 500 Sierra 300g Matchkings
- Sinclair neck turning tool with .338 pilot
Best I can tell on my bathroom scale, its somewhere between 10-10.5lbs.
Possible partial trades on Nightforce or US Optics scopes, or other interesting bolt rifles - would be particularly interested in a well built .223.
Last edited by fireball168; 02-27-2008 at 06:41 AM.