FOR SALE: Classic Remington 700 chambered in .308 with factory heavy varmint barrel measuring .800 at the muzzle. Classic Remington walnut stock has been aluminum pillar bedded and has also had the action area bedded with devcon. This rifle shoots one hole all day long at 100 yards with 168 gr Berger VLD hunting bullets, 44.0 gr of IMR 4064, Lapua brass and CCI BR primers. Gun comes with Leupold mount and 30mm dual dove-tail rings. I was told by gunsmith that gun was manufactured in early 1970's. Slight wear on bluing at the muzzle and some scrathes in the bluing on the barrel near the forend of the stock. There is no rust on this gun and it has a very crisp bore. Jewel trigger in action set at 6oz. Factory trigger set at about 2lbs available instead of Jewel trigger for $200.00 less. I also have a black textured McMillian stock that has been aluminum pillar bedded for this gun for $300.00 extra.
1. Rifle described above and pictured below.
2. Leupold one-piece base and 30mm dual dove-tail rings.
3. Jewell trigger
3. 18 loaded rounds using above recipe.
4. 57 once fired lapua cases in original lapua blue box fired in this gun.
5. 52 Berger 168 gr VLD hunting bullets.
6. 20 Hornady Match cases form fired once in this gun
Package of 6 items above: $1,100.00
Package with factory trigger instead of Jewell trigger: $900.00
McMillian stock with either package: $200.00. Seperate sale on McMillian $300.00
All prices are shipped to your FFL from an individual. If your FFL requires shipment from FFL add $25.00.