Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Extremely rare opportunity: NEW 338 Allen Magnum turn key rifle for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Gold Member

Re: Extremely rare opportunity: NEW 338 Allen Magnum turn key rifle for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNHOTROD View Post
Not to be offensive in any way but I thought something like that would be around $6000 give or take. I would like to do a 7 allen mag put I will have to change that path. Was I in for a awakening . I know it is a fine grade weapon. Man these toys are getting spendy now days.
6k for the rifle yes. Thats $1500 glass. the anti cant is like 200 bucks and 300+ bucks for the mount. You also get the dies etc etc. It come with all the little stuff that will nickle and dime you into the poor house. Big bore rifles and long range shorting is an expensive hobby.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Gold Member

I would say around $1000 for the ammo and load work.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

You guys can go to my web site at www.apsrifles.com and look up the pricing for this combo, its right off my 2011 price list.

Basic rifle price is $5100. The "Turn Key" system adds $3000 to the package, that includes NXS, speed dial, zero stop scope, four scope rings, mounted, squared, aci/level mount and installation, load developed with your choice of bullet, range tested, proven and range session videoed, drop chart developed and all labor associated with such work.

Now realize that 338 Allen Magnum, fully formed, correct headstamped brass costs $375 per 100 for $1125.

Barnes 265 gr TTSX are $300, then add The cost of 44,000 grains of H-50BMG powder, primers and labor charge to load 300 rounds of quality ammo. If you added it all up seperate, the total would be well over the asking price. With the package the total price is a bit lower. Anyone that has loaded 300 rounds of this quality ammo realizes the amount of bench time required.

Again, feel free to go to my web site and check the pricing. Also feel free to check out the prices of a rifle in this performance class from any of the other top builders that make them and you will see this is a VERY practical price, especially since most will not offer loaded ammo with correct headstamped brass.

If you think the rifle is overpriced, I apologize but I believe most simply do not add up all the cost of a TRUE turn key rifle system, especially one in this performance class to see the total in a single number. Yes there is some sticker shock but sit down and add up all the items that go into a complete, LEGIT turn key rifle including reloading equipment, top quality shipping hard case, shipping cost and insurance and ammo.

As already mentioned by someone that actually ownes a 338 Allen Magnum and has used it on big game four different times, there is really nothing that will compare to the 338 AM in the field.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
You guys can go to my web site at www.apsrifles.com and look up the pricing for this combo, its right off my 2011 price list.

Basic rifle price is $5100. The "Turn Key" system adds $3000 to the package, that includes NXS, speed dial, zero stop scope, four scope rings, mounted, squared, aci/level mount and installation, load developed with your choice of bullet, range tested, proven and range session videoed, drop chart developed and all labor associated with such work.

Now realize that 338 Allen Magnum, fully formed, correct headstamped brass costs $375 per 100 for $1125.

Barnes 265 gr TTSX are $300, then add The cost of 44,000 grains of H-50BMG powder, primers and labor charge to load 300 rounds of quality ammo. If you added it all up seperate, the total would be well over the asking price. With the package the total price is a bit lower. Anyone that has loaded 300 rounds of this quality ammo realizes the amount of bench time required.

Again, feel free to go to my web site and check the pricing. Also feel free to check out the prices of a rifle in this performance class from any of the other top builders that make them and you will see this is a VERY practical price, especially since most will not offer loaded ammo with correct headstamped brass.

If you think the rifle is overpriced, I apologize but I believe most simply do not add up all the cost of a TRUE turn key rifle system, especially one in this performance class to see the total in a single number. Yes there is some sticker shock but sit down and add up all the items that go into a complete, LEGIT turn key rifle including reloading equipment, top quality shipping hard case, shipping cost and insurance and ammo.

As already mentioned by someone that actually ownes a 338 Allen Magnum and has used it on big game four different times, there is really nothing that will compare to the 338 AM in the field.
Thats what I was saying. I dont think the guy realized what all came with the rifle, I think he thought it was just the stick, with no glass etc.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 11-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Ya, I just wanted to clear things up so there was no misunderstanding on what is included in the package.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

I'm with AJ on this one.

Mine is very similar to this one being discussed. Differences are my barrel is only 30" the scope is 56mm and no zero stop, I only purchased 100 fireformed cases (that was a dumb move! The hole down my barrel is a bit larger @ 3/8"

I did not even the slightest accounting when parts and pieces were purchased from various member here. T'was a bit of an eye opener to see that number. I really didn't 'think' is was that much.

If the wife ever saw that number, I'm toast!

I'll not be doin' that again.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Silver Member

You have to pay to play, and what better way to play than with a 338 Allen Mag! What an awesome setup! It really is a great package with a lot of value built in when you add everything up.