Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bass16 View Post
I'm just pointing out a few things that make this listing pretty tough to swallow.

1: Um, No. All else being equal, a 3" barrel length change is not going to result in a ratio of 1/3 or 2/3 difference. As stated, that's like suggesting you gain 1000fps by cutting off 3". Also...you're not going to LOSE 1000 fps by cutting off 3" either....so you're simply pulling numbers out of your confetti shooter.

2:What? We all know bullet weights attribute to muzzle velocity. Surely you're not trying to compare a 180gr bullet from a 22" barrel....to a 110gr bullet from a 19" barrel. Yeah, I'm betting you can get some pretty awesome velocity increases that way...but it doesn't make it better.

3: Accusing people that know what they're talking about....of NOT knowing what they are talking about...immediately after proving that you don't know what YOU'RE talking about.

4: The listing specifically states "Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag"
I wouldn't even let someone get away with calling a stock upgrade "Custom" and the only thing this gem has going for it is a barrel that's been chopped off.
Cut 3" off Ron Jeremy and I bet he doesn't go around calling himself "Custom Jeremy"...That's essentially what you've done to the 7mm Rem Mag. Handicapped it.

5: I don't think he was insulting the weapon, per say... I think he was actually insulting you, on a personal level.
The rifle is innocent. The rifle goes to sleep in the gun safe every night, crying because it's best years are behind him, now that he looks like a 12 year old boy, instead of the man he once was.

Butter bean, sorry buddy this guys post just took the cake! I want to say to all contributors....thank you! I can't quit reading the bashing of this poor "marine" and his ignorance to post on this site something straight off the wal mart gun shelf and call it custom...then watch everyone belittle him. I'm not calling this young man ignorant, just saying it is a very ignorant move to make this his 1st post. A turd with a leupold shade of lipstick does not say $1100. It's says about $350 for the scope......Maybe.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d500lnn View Post
Butter bean, sorry buddy this guys post just took the cake! I want to say to all contributors....thank you! I can't quit reading the bashing of this poor "marine" and his ignorance to post on this site something straight off the wal mart gun shelf and call it custom...then watch everyone belittle him. I'm not calling this young man ignorant, just saying it is a very ignorant move to make this his 1st post. A turd with a leupold shade of lipstick does not say $1100. It's says about $350 for the scope......Maybe.
I wasnt trying to belittle him,With that being said I assume he is Ex Corps and would have a better knowledge of weapons (I was incorrect) as it has already been said it would make a good action to build something on but thats about it,He would be best to part it out, The scope is worth more than the rifle as it rite now, I guess he didnt know this Was the Bigs, Hope it works out for him but he's off to a rough start
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek M. View Post
Also, and this is just my opinion, you devalued the rifle by a substantial margin by shortening the barrel to 19" on a magnum. The members on this forum look at a 19" barrel on a magnum caliber as blasphemy. You will be better off, here anyway, selling the scope separately and letting the rifle go as a donor action. If you get your asking price, kudos to you. I am telling you this as an honest assessment, but I seriously doubt you will get anywhere near that number on this forum.

Good luck to you.
My uncle had the barrel shortened a year or 2 ago when the rifle was in his possession. He came into a tight spot financialy so I decided to help him out, he assures me that shortening the barrel was the greatest idea in the world. I don't have a chronograph so I didnt know the difference. I just got out of the corps a couple months ago and my secondary mos was a combat marksmanship coach, so I know how to coach people on shooting, but when it comes to different weapon platforms I might not know all the specs but I'm young and willing to learn. If I pissed anyone off in the process I apologize, I'm not used to this caliber of conversation about different weapons. Thanks for posting the pics and for the advice.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
I wasnt trying to belittle him,With that being said I assume he is Ex Corps and would have a better knowledge of weapons (I was incorrect) as it has already been said it would make a good action to build something on but thats about it,He would be best to part it out, The scope is worth more than the rifle as it rite now, I guess he didnt know this Was the Bigs, Hope it works out for him but he's off to a rough start
No such thing as an ex marine only former marines and yes there is a difference, and just so you know my issued weapons in the corps included an m4 carbine, an m9 semi auto pistol, 2 240 machine guns, a automated m2 50 cal, and finally a 120 mm smooth bore main gun. Any guesses on wat job I had? I'll tell you now it wasn't snipers and I was never issued a model 70 7mm. So for all of you who think you are the God of guns congrats you have no life, I've done my time serving my country, deployed to 3 different countries for no less than 9 month deployments, away from my wife and son, I've earned my right to say Watever the Fuck I want, you ladies want to get into a ******* contest, go ahead and piss in the wind, derick, thank you for the advice you've been the ONLY civil,mature, professional out of all these Homos. Again thanks and butterbean and cbass go suck start you rifles.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog6133 View Post
No such thing as an ex marine only former marines and yes there is a difference, and just so you know my issued weapons in the corps included an m4 carbine, an m9 semi auto pistol, 2 240 machine guns, a automated m2 50 cal, and finally a 120 mm smooth bore main gun. Any guesses on wat job I had? I'll tell you now it wasn't snipers and I was never issued a model 70 7mm. So for all of you who think you are the God of guns congrats you have no life, I've done my time serving my country, deployed to 3 different countries for no less than 9 month deployments, away from my wife and son, I've earned my right to say Watever the Fuck I want, you ladies want to get into a ******* contest, go ahead and piss in the wind, derick, thank you for the advice you've been the ONLY civil,mature, professional out of all these Homos. Again thanks and butterbean and cbass go suck start you rifles.
Now that was funny, I give you a pass on this thread and thanks for your service.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
First off Thank You For Serving, Second Off I served with alot of Marines who were Professional's (F.A.S.T) and conducted themselves as such with Pride and Proffesionalism Which you have show neither of(Civil and Mature....Your words) with your Childish Profanity which is conduct unbecoming of a fomrer Marine(And yes I know the difference)You being the "Instructor"that you are Should have done a little more research on the pure stock short tube "Custom" Rifle you are trying to sell......Once again I'll state that I served with the some fine Marines who knew what they were doing at all times in all places Here and On Site ......That Will be My last word on the subject
Old 08-27-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Devildog, thank you for your service and sacrifice. Ignore the small people posting in this thread; this is otherwise a great site.