Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.


Reply

Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

19 in free floating barrel, reverse crown, leupold vari x 2 4x12 scope, black synthetic polymer stock matt black finish on barrel, extremely accurate, one of the better rifles I've owned
$1100, obo will trade for right gun.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 749
Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

19" Barrel on a 7 mag ??????????
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OREGON
Posts: 803
Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog6133 View Post
19 in free floating barrel, reverse crown, leupold vari x 2 4x12 scope, black synthetic polymer stock matt black finish on barrel, extremely accurate, one of the better rifles I've owned
$1100, obo will trade for right gun.

I love peoples first posts to be in Classifieds! Good luck with the sale
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

It has a third more muzzle velocity at 19 in rather than 22 in
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 749
Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog6133 View Post
It has a third more muzzle velocity at 19 in rather than 22 in
Hmmm? Thats interesting to hear. Based on that math you went from 3000 fps to 4000 fps by losing 3 inches of powder burn. I can only imagine what I could gain by making my 26" barrel a 19". LOL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

Not quite that much, maybe a lil less than a third, but a lot goes into play besides the barrel length, the rifeling ratio, and type of bullet and grain has a lot to do with it. I load my owtn bullets, with different consistencys, types, and amount of grain
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Terre Haute Indiana
Posts: 558
Re: Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog6133 View Post
Not quite that much, maybe a lil less than a third, but a lot goes into play besides the barrel length, the rifeling ratio, and type of bullet and grain has a lot to do with it. I load my owtn bullets, with different consistencys, types, and amount of grain
Load your own Bullets?....... Huh, Never heard of such
__________________
ButterBean
Remember.....Dont argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC