Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

buying guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Gold Member

Re: buying guns

[ QUOTE ]
My advice is twofold. As Blaz says -Find the sellers home address and phone number through the internet browsers to confirm that there is a home there whith that person listed. And then decide whether you are willing to drive to the address and get what is rightfully yours by force if necessary. If you are not a violent person, then too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome, hillarious and very true! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 AM
Silver Member

buffalobob,
I like your style. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2006, 04:10 AM
Silver Member

Money Orders are like certified checks, they only guarantee the money is there, the post office will do nothing to get your goods if you get screwed unless you can prove its "Mail Fraud". Someone has to be advertising thru the mail, in this case it would be Internet Fraud a totally different animal. There are sites to explain about Internet Fraud and what actions can be taken if you get screwed in a transaction.

Collecting the goods, or getting the money back is not easy if a deal goes bad, unless you follow Buffalobob's suggestions.

My suggestion is if you don't feel good about the deal run away!

Frank D
Old 07-18-2006, 06:02 AM
Gold Member

Federal law does not require that an FFL holder has to ship the firearm. It only requires that it be shipped to an FFL holder. Many dealers do not want to get involved in a private transaction.

As for taking something by force, I would suggest using every other available resource first. I would hate to do 20 years for a rifle, and then carry a record that prohibits me from ever owning another one.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Bronze Member

You can try Escrow.com.

On the FFL to FFl deal: I've done several transactions and the worst ones have been the ones where I bought from a FFL. Not exactly the same, but still. My FFL, who is a range and doesn't sell, only does the transfers, says he sees a lot of dissapointed faces with guys buying off Gunsamerica, Gunbroker et al.

As for buying from someonw with a low post count, ask if they have references or post other places more frequently. My post count here is low, but I post other places more frequently.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Bronze Member

If you think of it as buying the seller, instead of just buying his gun, you'll do yourself favors. If you don't trust the seller, don't buy.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Silver Member

I'm giving away a big secret here, but I generally tell the seller that I have family not too far from where they live and that I'm going to see them in not too long.

I've done some deals with people here on this board, some as a 3rd party and some for myself. Nothing but good news about the guys here. Especially Demarpaint, he bought a stock from a friend of mine. The stock took the slow boat to jersey, and he was very patient. Lesson learned- USPS is slow! slow! SLOW!

That being said, I am willing to drive 2000 miles if required to make sure I'm not getting screwed. Just my stubborn side! I've been known to show up a customers house with a sawzall in hand to cut the electrical service off the side of the house if they don't cut me a check. But only if they refuse to answer my calls and ignore my letters for quite a while. It's a matter of principle.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com