Long Range Hunting Online Magazine



Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Reply

APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yakima, Washington
Posts: 3,775
Re: APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300spanker View Post
how do you fire form other brass if you need it in the future.
You can do this yourself very easily and the fireform rounds make excellent long range practice rounds, or.....you can buy cases that are already fireformed directly from Kirby.
__________________
ss7mm
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 88
Re: APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

Thanks for all the interest, sounds like we have a taker on the Easter Egg hunting.

Sold pending funds.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 51
Re: APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
You can do this yourself very easily and the fireform rounds make excellent long range practice rounds, or.....you can buy cases that are already fireformed directly from Kirby.
Dick,
Would you choose this type of a 7mm lapua over a .338 lapua improved, I enjoy hunting mule deer with a rifle wondering why people would go to 7 lapua, instead of shooting improved with a 300 grain matchking.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yakima, Washington
Posts: 3,775
Re: APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300spanker View Post
Dick,
Would you choose this type of a 7mm lapua over a .338 lapua improved, I enjoy hunting mule deer with a rifle wondering why people would go to 7 lapua, instead of shooting improved with a 300 grain matchking.
You bet I would, and I did. I have the first 7mm AM out the door of APS and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. With the horsepower it's got, the right smith and the correct barrel and shooting the 200 grain Wildcats, you'd have to go to the 408 based 338s to equal it's long range capabilities.
__________________
ss7mm
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blackfoot, Idaho
Posts: 8,871
Re: APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
You bet I would, and I did. I have the first 7mm AM out the door of APS and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. With the horsepower it's got, the right smith and the correct barrel and shooting the 200 grain Wildcats, you'd have to go to the 408 based 338s to equal it's long range capabilities.
Though I don't shoot a 7mm AM, I'm lugging a little bitty 270 AM around, when I was with a fellow up on the mountain who had the 7mm AM I felt just a little under gunned. He was getting maybe 250 FPS more out of a 200 class bullet that I was with a 195. I was a bit queezie about taking a 1400 + shot w/the 270 but had complete confidence in the 7mm AM w/the 200 class bullet. And this guy 'can' shoot.

I think that all that the 338/375-408 Improved cartridges have over the 7mm AM is a bit more energy. The 7 AM is probably as good as or possibly better on wind affects and trajectory and has 'enough' energy to do the job.

Just my opinion w/a little dreamin' thrown in.

Am I regretting having a 375 AM built. NAH!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALLEN PRECISION 510 Allen Magnum for sale Fiftydriver Guns For Sale 4 01-05-2012 10:35 PM
7mm Allen mag for sale vintec Guns For Sale 25 10-11-2011 10:41 PM
Original Allen Precision 375 Allen Magnum XHS for sale.... Fiftydriver Guns For Sale 10 02-02-2010 01:55 AM
7mm Allen Magnum for sale... adam32 Guns For Sale 0 01-30-2010 12:27 AM
7mm Allen magnum for sale.... hvyw8t Guns For Sale 8 05-20-2008 09:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.


All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC