Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

Allen Precision Heavy Tactical 338 AX for sale....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Allen Precision Heavy Tactical 338 AX for sale....

I have finally got around to posting this rifle for sale. Many of you may recognize it from a post I made several months ago about this rifle and a new hybrid throat design I had designed and tested for the first time in this rifle. The tests went very well and after 600 rounds down the bore, the throat looks nearly identical as a conventional throat with the same number of rounds down the barrel, so I am satisfied that throat life will be on par with a conventional throat. Only it allows around 125 fps more velocity for same length barrels compared to same load in conventional throated rifles.

Because of the testing done with this rifle including load development, ballistic and throat life testing, I decided it would not be right to sell the rifle as is with this many rounds down the bore, so I rebarreled with a new Lilja #8 contour barrel with 8, 1/4" flutes instead of the standard 6 flute barrels. Looks very nice. The rifle currently has been treated with "Gun Juice" and has 25 rounds down the barrel. The rifle shot three consectutive three shot groups at 100 yards that were all in the .3's ctc. These were with the 300 gr SMK loaded to roughly 2900 fps, out of a 26" barrel!!!

With the accuracy proven done, the rifle is ready for sale. Here are the specs:

Surgeon XL repeating receiver, teflon coated black
Receiver comes with an integral rail base and recoil lug
Surgeon Detachable Magazine system
Jewell Trigger set at 20 oz
Lilja Stainless 1-10, #8 contour, 8 flute barrel
338 Allen Xpress chambering with APS Hybrid throat
APS Painkiller Medium 3 port muzzle brake
Satin finish on barrel/brake
Manner MCS-T4A tactical stock with decelerator pad, Adj CP and flush cup swivel mounts
APS custom pillar bedding
338 Allen Xpress Custom loading die set
Load data for test loads will be freely offered with rifle

I would normally charge $5000 for this rifle+shipping not including loading dies.

I am asking $4800 for this rifle including shipping AND the custom loading die set.

First come first serve. There are some minor spots inside the bolt way where the teflon coating has worn off but externally its new condition. THis is about as much precision power as you can get in a rifle that is this compact. Really no longer then a convention Rem 700 Magnum rifle, very handly, very easy to shoot with recoil similiar to a 270 Win Sporter rifle and very compact. AND ALOT OF POWER!!! There is also an option to get the entire rifle teflon coated but that will add $200 to the total.

$4800 including shipping and dies as is

$5000 with same package but complete barreled receiver teflon coating.

Ships to first one that gets me payment and FFL to ship to. This rifle would take a minimun of 16 months to get made but since its one of my test rifles, its ready to ship as soon as payment arrives.

Rifle does not come with bipod or scope but we could include them in the package if someone wanted them included. Will discuss price on that option if wanted.

Formed brass is available on order for this rifle or its a simple matter to load standard 338 Lapua loads and fireform the brass yourself.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: Allen Precision Heavy Tactical 338 AX for sale....

Another One!!

Good luck Fifty I hope they sell fast for you. We will be taking soon Sir!!

Oso
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Gold Member

Wow.

What's the weight?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I have not weighed it but would estimate its 15-16 lbs as you see it. About typical for a heavy tactical rifle.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2008, 12:03 AM

How do you like that sergeon action
Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

ITs a great receiver but it does have a few issues. First its BIG so the rifles are heavy but that is not a bad thing in a long range rifle.

Second, the DM system limits overall length at 3.600". This is one reason I decided to use my hybrid throat design to compensate for this sort OAL and some case capacity loss. In the end, the short OAL did not effect velocity much at all as its producing nearly 2900 fps in a 26" barrel, even with the very short 3.600" OAL ammo with the 300 gr SMK.

Last thing I would change, its made of Chrome Moly, I would prefer to see a stainless option but this is not a huge deal with all the coatings available to us these days.

ITs smooth, strong and VERY rigid with a HUGE flat bedding surface. As far as a stout platform to build a rifle off from, it really does not get my better then this but you do have to deal with these minor issues which are really not a problem.

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Allen Precision Heavy Tactical 338 AX for sale....PRICE REDUCED

Will drop $400 off the price of the rifle.

$4400 as is, $4600 complete teflon coating.

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com