Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

338 Rem Ultra Mag Stainless Rem 700 chambered by Rick Freudenberg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 AM

338 Rem Ultra Mag Stainless Rem 700 chambered by Rick Freudenberg

About 10 years back I designed a 338/8mm Rem Mag variant that I just never ended up using due to old neck injuries that have plagued me daily. In fact I only got around 60 rounds through it and it just sat in favor or my deer rifles. Now that I'm selling the rifle I just had Rick Freudenberg up here in Everett, WA rechamber it to 338 Rem. Ultra Mag so the new owner wouldn't need to deal with a wildcat. Rick has a pretty solid reputation for building accurate rifles for both hunting and competition and was recently listed as one of the top 10 gunsmiths in the country in 1 of the recent mags I guess. He also was mentioned in relation to the 6.5-284 in the Nosler reloading manual. Anyway, here is the specs on the rifle I'm selling.

338 Rem Ultra Mag, stainless action and Lilja 27" fluted barrel
Mcmillan/Sendero stock with the aluminum bedding block
Tubb recoil lug
Action trued
Tubb Speedlock firing pin/spring kit
Both action and barrel have been Cryo'd
Stock/Action were Defcon bedded
KDF-type muzzle brake
Remington trigger, reworked and set at 2.5 pounds (weight as I recall)

The rifle should make some really beautiful elk or grizzly bear medicine and is very pleasant to shoot, but but realistically I had to come to terms with the fact my neck injuries would make it really tough to hike that far into the mountains to go for elk (and I'd sure never be able to get one out), so all I need to shoot these days is my .260.

I think I had about $2500 total into the gun (not including the recent rechambering of course) and really have no idea what to ask. So I'm putting it up at $1200 with the rifle, Leupold rings and bases long soft nylon case, Dewey cleaning rod, jags, bore guide and anything else .338 I still have around. Feel free to email me for pictures or receipts for documentation of the parts the rifle was built with. Oh and I also have a Leupold 4.5-14 x 40 with the mil dot reticle in excellent condition already mounted on the rifle that could go with the rifle for another $375.

Thanks,
Beartrack
scottsjunkmail123@hotmail.com
Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 AM
Silver Member

Re: 338 Rem Ultra Mag Stainless Rem 700 chambered by Rick Freudenberg

Are selling the scope alone? If you are is it a vx3 tactical? If it is I know someone interested. You could email me at deadonaccurate@hotmail.com.

Thanks Jason
Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Beartrack

If you are interested in a partial trade, I am very interested. I have a set of spacemaster big eyes listed below.

I would take both the gun and the scope and give $750 diff with each paying the shipping.

PM me with your email

BH
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are selling the scope alone? If you are is it a vx3 tactical? If it is I know someone interested. You could email me at deadonaccurate@hotmail.com.

Thanks Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the interest Jason! Actually I may just hang onto it if the purchaser of the rifle doesn't buy it with the rifle - but if I decide to sell it, I'll contact you first.

Thanks,
Beartrack
Old 08-09-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beartrack

If you are interested in a partial trade, I am very interested. I have a set of spacemaster big eyes listed below.

I would take both the gun and the scope and give $750 diff with each paying the shipping.

PM me with your email

BH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks BH, just looking to sell at this point - I actually bought a new spotting scope 2 weeks back. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks though!

Have a good one,
Beartrack
Old 08-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Silver Member

Beartrack,
Please check your email. How much does it weigh and please provide barrel twist. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 AM

Hi Jeffbird,

I just sent a response in email along with 3 photos, let me know if there are other angles I can provide. The rifle with scope, etc. is about 10 pounds by my scale. Twist rate is as I recall 1 in 10 or 1 in 11, but I can verify this tomorrow night when I have access to my cleaning equipment. The rifle originally was a Sendero before all the modifications started and the pictures will show the stock in greater detail than I can describe here. The files are a bit large because I wanted to leave them in full resolution so you can see a greater level of detail when zooming in.

Hope that helps,

Beartrack