Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Guns For Sale

Guns For Sale List what you wish but keep it legal.

338 edge(s.p.f.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!
Re: 338 edge

That was a hell of an offer James.....Gives me an idea for a entreprenurial enterprise. You should start loaning the $$ for these high dollar gun builds and take payments on them with the rifle as collateral....BTW, thanks for the SMK's.....the little brown truck came back yesterday with my barrel. Already have it pillar bedded and the devcon is curing on the action as we speak. Hope to be doing load development this weekend. AJ
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightvarmint View Post
Nathan,

Stop what you are doing and proceed to the nearest medical facility to get a full blood workup and urine screening. You are becoming dilusional.

Something to ponder................

If you want a hotshot 6MM, get a new bolt and barrel and keep your stock, action, recoil lug scope mounts and the Holland braked .338 barrel.

Or, even better yet, keep your bolt and have a new barrel chambered for the 6MM/300 WSM. That is a hot shot rocket and you get to keep the 338Edge for "later".

Vice selling this great rifle, my recommendation is to save for some modifications to the current base setup.

Here is another deal for you.............

I currently have four (2-28" and 2-30") new 8" twist Bartlein barrels in 6MM with 8" twists. I also have one that has been chambered and it is a Rock. If you will keep the gun, you can make small payments to me and get one of the barrels. Once it is paid off, all you have to do is get it chambered and you don't have to sell the farm to get a new toy.

I am really interested in seeing you go full term with the gun if at all possible...... You will lose way too much in selling and buying again.

James

Hey James i know i must be crazy but i got a phone call from a buddy of mine who has found a 6mm-284 and it has broughton barrel on it and a trued rem action in a mcmillan stock he said the guy has had it for awhile and like me decided to build something else but hasnt got the funds he said he would give me a week or two to try to sell mine then he would try selling to other people so i am going to try to buy it. It is a really sharp rig he said and i trust his taste he also said it shot extremely good.

Thanks
Nathan.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Lightvarmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddodd View Post
Hey James i know i must be crazy but i got a phone call from a buddy of mine who has found a 6mm-284 and it has broughton barrel on it and a trued rem action in a mcmillan stock he said the guy has had it for awhile and like me decided to build something else but hasnt got the funds he said he would give me a week or two to try to sell mine then he would try selling to other people so i am going to try to buy it. It is a really sharp rig he said and i trust his taste he also said it shot extremely good.

Thanks
Nathan.

Nathan,

Be aware, the 6mm/284 or any of the big 6MMs as they are barrel eaters if it is shot when the barrel is warm or hot. I have one (Hall M glued into a McMillan McHale stock) that still shoots bug holes but the bore is very rough and wearing out. I only use it sparingly now because I am cheap and want the barrel to last to as close to infinity as possible.

I bought it used and am sure the previous owner (like me) got excited when it was drilling holes and shot it using long shot strings and probably fire cracked the barrel throat.

Anyway, I sent you an PM about some "possibilities".

James
Old 03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member

This is just a little more info on the story of the gun since i got it, for those that didnt follow the story of it. I had it for sale on here about a month or two ago becouse the recoil was vicious, and a guy on here who i like to call a friend convinced me to send it to Darrell Holland for one of his new radial brakes. The radial brake is absolutely awesome the gun doesnt kick at all when i shoot it, all i do is lay a finger on the trigger with no others even touching the stock anywhere and the other hand under my trigger hand. It feels simalar to a buddy of mines lightweight 243 with 100gr bullets. The reason it is priced higher than the last time i put it on here is becouse of the cost of the brake and install, it ran me 360 after shipping and everything else, but it was definately worth it as far as recoil goes.

Like i said earlier please dont think im nuts at least not full blown. I have always had a problem with not being satisfied i iwll keep something for a little while then i will want to try something else. The only way i can do so is to sell something to get something else i just havent figured out how to make any money at it yet, hardy har har.

Thanks for everyones interest
Nathan
Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

If you are still interested in a hotrod 22 cal rifle, I have a custom 22-243 built on a Rem 40X receiver. Wears a Hart #7 SS bbl and a Mc Millan stock and 2oz Jewell trigger w/safety. Has all the usual bells and whistles.

Interested in a trade?

Old 03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Gold Member

What is really the difference between the edge and the 338 wildcat Kirby does?
Mike
Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Hunter View Post
If you are still interested in a hotrod 22 cal rifle, I have a custom 22-243 built on a Rem 40X receiver. Wears a Hart #7 SS bbl and a Mc Millan stock and 2oz Jewell trigger w/safety. Has all the usual bells and whistles.

Interested in a trade?

Hey Varmint Hunter hows it going i know i stated on the first post that i was wanting a hot rod 22 or a 243, well i believe i have found one it is a 6mm 284 that a friend of mine has found for me if something happens and i cant sell the edge, and if you are still interested in a trade i will pm you. Thanks so much for your time and interest.

Nathan.