Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

What reloading manuals are most accurate to y'all?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What reloading manuals are most accurate to y\'all?

LB,
No need to get hostile here man, I promise. I did not try to insult anyone else who replied to my post on this subject, but I will admit that I was somewhat frustrated last night by a few people that were showing their poor reading skills. I was kind of taking a general view of all the replies I have gotten since joining this forum, some of which just didn't seem like the poster read the whole question. Other members and myself were talking about this on another subject post about how no one seems to really be answering the questions in the way we'd hoped. They leave out parts and try to impress us instead of sticking to the matter at hand. I apologize for being vague in my questions, but I believe I used common english. I can only hope that people are educated enough to understand the simple parts of the question. I did not mean to insinuate that you were one of the dumb ones. In fact, from what I have read of your posts since joining, I would have to say that you are one of the better posters, and I always enjoy reading what you write. I think you and I have a lot in common when it comes to views about most topics thus far. In response to your accusations, no I do not claim to know everything. I am an above average reloader, but I will never admit to being an expert no matter how much I learn. As far as the accuracy loads are concerned, I agree with you that it is a curiosity. That's why I asked the question. I was curious to see how often those loads really ended up being other peoples accuracy loads. That's all. Oh yeah, I did also ask if anyone had heard about the Norma manual.
Again, I am sorry to have confused or offended. It was not my intention. Unfortunately, 75% of human communication is non-verbal facial expressions, and we do not have that luxury in this media yet. I will try to be more clear and show my intentions a little more clearly from now on.
peace, love, and powder for all!
goodgrouper

[ 09-22-2004: Message edited by: goodgrouper ]

[ 09-22-2004: Message edited by: goodgrouper ]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

I guess I overreacted. Sorry.

Good hunting. LB
Old 09-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

Duly noted; much better plan, in retrospect....I'll behave <gulp>

Good hunting. LB
Old 09-23-2004, 02:17 PM
PUBLISHER

LB

My thoughts were general and not directed at anyone in particular. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 09-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member

jerryteo,
I agree with you wholeheartedly. The last thing we need is more bubbas out there flinging lead. I'm going to do my best to educate so that doesn't happen, and anyway most these guys won't take shots over a couple hundred yards but they like the idea that if they want to go practice at further distances, they know the gun is up to it.
--goodgrouper
ps. Didn't mean to sound pissy, just thought I needed to explain the situation.
pss. Have you heard about the Norma manual?
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Writers Guild

I hope there are lots of people in your area or else that hands on approach is going to be tough.

I am sure you have thought of this already but, just because a load shoots well for you, may not shoot well for the another shooter. You really have no control on their skill level or shooting environment. Could lead to some interesting and frustrating phone calls.

Also, although though this board is dedicated to LR hunting, Myself and others take the ABILITY to shoot LR very seriously.

Having a rifle/load capable of hitting a gong at 500yds on a range does not necessarily make that rig suitable or capable of hitting an animal at the same distance under field conditions.

I can only voice my view point that if I were to offer any type of service to promote LR hunting, I would certainly want patrons to understand the responsibility and ethics before pulling the trigger. "see it shoot it" does not work for me.

Most hunters today have precious little time and interest to shoot. At 200yds and under, that is bad enough with many wounded animals every year. At extended ranges, simply irresponsible.

I am sure you know where this soap box is going so please take the time and ensure your stuff goes to people that will respect the potential for success and failure.

We don't need anymore BuBBa's launching lead around the countryside just because they are armed with the newest super magnum with super tuned ammo and a rangefinder.

Good luck with your business venture.

Jerry

PS when I get posts that don't quite rub me the right way, I either ignore it or respond by personal email/off site. Keeps the bitching to a min. on these wonderful boards. We get enough cat fighting in our everyday lives.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:36 PM
PUBLISHER

Jerry

PS when I get posts that don't quite rub me the right way, I either ignore it or respond by personal email/off site. Keeps the bitching to a min. on these wonderful boards. We get enough cat fighting in our everyday lives.

Thank you very much for your comment. Why not use email more often to discuss emotional issues?

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors