Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

What Cheap Ammo ShouldI Get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 11:04 PM

What Cheap Ammo ShouldI Get?

I Have a 2a1 7.62x51 Enfield Rifle. What ammo that is cheap and i can get alot of should I get? I want To be ale to shoot long ranges up to 800+. If it is a good surplus that is fine too. WHAT SHOULD I GET??? I have loked everywhere and cant find one i should get.

Thanks alot!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What Cheap Ammo ShouldI Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye0317 View Post
I Have a 2a1 7.62x51 Enfield Rifle. What ammo that is cheap and i can get alot of should I get? I want To be ale to shoot long ranges up to 800+. If it is a good surplus that is fine too. WHAT SHOULD I GET??? I have loked everywhere and cant find one i should get.

Thanks alot!
Not sure what you mean by...looked everywhere and can't find one you should get as there is plenty out there for sale at reasonable prices. IMHO I prefer LC. How many rounds are you looking to buy and at what price?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member

If you want to shoot 800 yds accurately, then why not buy a box of this and a box of that and so on and so on to test wich is most accurate out of your rifle. If you let your rifle decide what you need to buy youll be alot happier when it comes to hitting what your aiming at. Sometimes a rifle likes the most expensive ammo, and sometimes the cheapest, and sometimes its middle of the road price.
If all you want to do is here it go boom than get whatever you can find for rock bottom dollar. Who knows it may be suprisingly accurate in your rifle.
EDIT;
I figured Id better edit this so it didnt sound like I was being mean, or gruff. Its just that shooting 800 yds with handloads can be difficult enough depending on how accurate the rifle is and how well you dope the wind that day. But buying whatever is cheapest may not yield the results your looking for, and if you buy in bulk your left with a bunch of crappy ammo. But like I said , who knows it just might shoot suprisingly well. Its up to you to decide if the risk of buying the cheapest bulk ammo is worth it or not.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 07-29-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 AM
SPONSOR

"Cheap" and "accurate at 800 yds" are seen often in the same sentence, but rarely do they go hand in hand in the real world.