Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Wby mk 5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wby mk 5

Mr. Hired Gun ,

Many thanks ! As always I am overwhelmed with the depth of helpfulnes that is here on this site ! Also in the attitude correcting abilities of many here ( thanks Buffler bob ) that are abl;e to do so in a way that is not only not offensive ,but also encouraging .

This is Scotts rifle but I reckon for his best interest I will call Teresa .....darling [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatever the outcome of all this I will let you all know .

Jim B.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

You’re welcome. I hope this all works out for you and Scott.

Is this the same rifle you sent the trigger out on? How did that turn out?

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Hired Gun ,

Yes , it is the same rifle and the trigger is very nice now .Heavier than I use but it is not for me .

Jim B.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

Hired Gun,

better number ( toll free ) 1-800-334-4423.
Thanks for the leads . The email I sent to the Arkansas representative has no t yielded a response as of yet . Was going to give it another day then call " Teresa " .

Jim B.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

I'm glad you got it. I couldn't find the toll free one. Teresa always just gives it to me 15 seconds into the call or she just calls me right back. Only things I ever needed was some replacement action screws to replace the ones I messed up and one other time my son dropped one of my Accumarks with the floor plate open on the concrete and the trigger guard got cracked. For years I resisted and even down played the value of a Weatherby. All I ended up doing is cheating myself out of 25 years of getting to use them. Once I finally bought one I just can't get enough of them. Unless Kirby just built it I won't even look at anything else. Somebody on the board was spouting off a while back that oh yeah the occasional 3-5 shot group you will get lucky and get a decent group. Last Saturday I took my 257 Accumark out and set up at 200 yards and proceeded to shoot two 10 shot sub 1" groups. Most of the shots were hanging into a tight 3/8" group but I didn't have that great of rest and the wind was gusting and that opened it up a little. Don't ask how my 300 did that day. I think my scope is broke. It went from 1 1/2 inch groups to 8" groups and then a simple 1" adjustment would move the impact zone 12". It's coming off and my Black Diamond 8-32 is going on to see what is going on. That's the scope I use on my 257.

Gordy and Brady.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member

My experience has been very favorable with Weatherby. I had a stock break once and they sent me a new one no questions asked! I did convert my 30-378 to a 338 Lapua AI--Speedy did the work and it shoots almost as good as my competition rifle but that is to be expected.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

Did you get a chance to call Weatherby yet?

Gordy and Brady.