close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Wby mk 5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wby mk 5

Mr. Hired Gun ,

Many thanks ! As always I am overwhelmed with the depth of helpfulnes that is here on this site ! Also in the attitude correcting abilities of many here ( thanks Buffler bob ) that are abl;e to do so in a way that is not only not offensive ,but also encouraging .

This is Scotts rifle but I reckon for his best interest I will call Teresa .....darling [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatever the outcome of all this I will let you all know .

Jim B.

Unread 05-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

You’re welcome. I hope this all works out for you and Scott.

Is this the same rifle you sent the trigger out on? How did that turn out?

NRA Life Member and I vote.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Unread 05-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Hired Gun ,

Yes , it is the same rifle and the trigger is very nice now .Heavier than I use but it is not for me .

Jim B.
Unread 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

Hired Gun,

better number ( toll free ) 1-800-334-4423.
Thanks for the leads . The email I sent to the Arkansas representative has no t yielded a response as of yet . Was going to give it another day then call " Teresa " .

Jim B.
Unread 05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

I'm glad you got it. I couldn't find the toll free one. Teresa always just gives it to me 15 seconds into the call or she just calls me right back. Only things I ever needed was some replacement action screws to replace the ones I messed up and one other time my son dropped one of my Accumarks with the floor plate open on the concrete and the trigger guard got cracked. For years I resisted and even down played the value of a Weatherby. All I ended up doing is cheating myself out of 25 years of getting to use them. Once I finally bought one I just can't get enough of them. Unless Kirby just built it I won't even look at anything else. Somebody on the board was spouting off a while back that oh yeah the occasional 3-5 shot group you will get lucky and get a decent group. Last Saturday I took my 257 Accumark out and set up at 200 yards and proceeded to shoot two 10 shot sub 1" groups. Most of the shots were hanging into a tight 3/8" group but I didn't have that great of rest and the wind was gusting and that opened it up a little. Don't ask how my 300 did that day. I think my scope is broke. It went from 1 1/2 inch groups to 8" groups and then a simple 1" adjustment would move the impact zone 12". It's coming off and my Black Diamond 8-32 is going on to see what is going on. That's the scope I use on my 257.

Gordy and Brady.
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member

My experience has been very favorable with Weatherby. I had a stock break once and they sent me a new one no questions asked! I did convert my 30-378 to a 338 Lapua AI--Speedy did the work and it shoots almost as good as my competition rifle but that is to be expected.
Unread 05-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

Did you get a chance to call Weatherby yet?

Gordy and Brady.