Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Transport Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Transport Case

The box is not pressure treated and is only painted with krylon, but it will ride in the back of a truck with a topper, so water wont touch it. I think I will search for some type of foam to add into the lid section that will press down on the guns when the lid is closed to keep the guns in place.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Transport Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezer View Post
The box is not pressure treated and is only painted with krylon, but it will ride in the back of a truck with a topper, so water wont touch it. I think I will search for some type of foam to add into the lid section that will press down on the guns when the lid is closed to keep the guns in place.
You won't have to search far. Only as far as a Lowes or Home Depot or a local lumber yard. Get yourself some Owens Corning pink rigid expanded foam. Come is various thickness's up to 4" and you can glue it together (with contact cement) for even thicker widths.