Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Tactical stock options accepting DBM for savage SA 4.27 s.s.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Silver Member

Tactical stock options accepting DBM for savage SA 4.27 s.s.

Looking for stocks options that will accept BM for savage SA 4.27 screw spacing. B&C only have blind mag as well as Choate.

I may have to go with manners,McMillan or xlr to be able to run a dbm but looking to see if anyone knows of a stock option that I don't.

I've also been thinking about getting a blind mag stock and inletting and bedding it myself.Anyone out there done this or know a smith that does it.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Tactical stock options accepting DBM for savage SA 4.27 s.s.

CDI will inlet your stock for their Bottom Metal, he does Choate as well.

Chad Dixon of LongRifles Inc will CNC inlet any (quality) stock for pretty much any DBM.

t

Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: Tactical stock options accepting DBM for savage SA 4.27 s.s.

Thanks, CDI is the BM I purchased. I spoke with a local smith today and he is going to the inlet the choate tactical stock for me.

Looking forward to to trying out this stock on a 6.5x47mm. I've held them but never shot a rifle with one. They seem like an exceptional platform when you look at the price.