Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

tacitical stocks for savage rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Bronze Member

tacitical stocks for savage rifles

Thinking about building a tactical rifle for sniper competitions. want to go with a savage action and was wondering what stocks were available for it. i know that mcmillan is making one, but was curious of others besides the choates. looking for one that might be possible to modify to accept detachable mags. Anyone know of anything like this?
Thanks
Gene Cole III
Old 06-26-2004, 06:27 PM

Re: tacitical stocks for savage rifles

Not to sure about the detatchable mags but I know that Stockade Guns Stocks makes some nice stocks , the guy that builds them is Kevin Rayhill , he is a jam-up smith also , Sharp Shooters Supply uses-sells his stocks as does Brownells.
I made a tactical style stock out of a factory BVSS stock and a good bit of time with a rasp and dremel tool. Turned out great and shoots great.
I don't have Kevin's Tele# handy but a few guys here have had work done buy him and can vouch for his skills and fast turn around.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member

Gene
Richards Microfit makes several target,tactical, and benchrest styles. They come in 8 grades of walnut or in 12 laminated colors.
You can check them out rifle-stocks.com
Old 07-01-2004, 12:31 AM

http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citym...29585/1133.htm
Old 07-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Bronze Member

I bought a Choate Ultimate Varmint stock and have been very happy with it. The aluminum bedding block is beautifully built - truly a drop in installation. The stock is very heavy with a pistol grip and a nice wide forend. It comes with two different cheekpieces and a stack of length-of-pull shims. The forend has a short section of Anschutz style rail with the front sling lug mounted on the rail slide. I am not particularly wild about the Ultimate Sniper stock. It just didn't feel good, and the heavily stippled forend and grip were too rough to be comfortable. Now, I've never been a Choate fan. The early stuff they built felt cheap. This stock has changed my opinion.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member

Try Brownells item number 994-140-110 Zero laminated tactical stock cost $192 for discount.
www.brownells.com

BH