Re: SWAROVSKI \'S NEW LAZER RF 1600 YD
Initial impressions of the new Swarovski vs the Leica 1200
- the Swarovski is heavier but more ergonomic
- the Swarovski has a much clearer, bigger and brighter image - eyepiece is much larger, easier to see through
- the Swarovski has a better operating button, better placed and much bigger
- the Swaro does not come with a carrying case, rather a neat plastic holster and a large padded neckstrap
- the Swaro is at least $200-250 more than the Leica 1200
- the Swaro has a very large red circle vs a small red box for aiming the Leica. Not sure yet which is better in the field till I get time to go head to head. Seems smaller is better but not sure about that till I get a lot more field time.
- the Swaro has a threaded hole for attaching to a tripod etc., Leica does not but does have an aftermarket deelie that enables attaching to tripod
- Leica takes a standard 9volt square battery, Swaro takes a fairly common round battery, no idea what it is called, looks like the one you put into a Surefire flashlight
- both the Leica 1200 and the Swarovski are small enough to easily carry in the field.
Also played a bit with the new Leica bino/laser today, it was able to get a reading off an elevator at just under 1000 yards. The Swaro did also, but the Leica 1200 could not read that object at that distance. Not sure if that means anything, have not had to shoot any grain elevators that I can recall anyhow.
Hope to have a Leica bino/laser shortly.