Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

suppressor POI shift question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 10:34 AM

Re: suppressor POI shift question

I finally got a chance to load some bullets for my gun to test. I loaded 175 Bergers with 40 grains of benchmark(brand new load for me). I shot them at 100 yards and still had around a minute group, slightly less. I checked my suppressor and there were no signs of baffle strikes. So I still don't understand why I have lost accuracy. I do understand that it's fairly normal for POI change with the suppressor on/off now, which makes me feel a little better about that problem
Old 08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: suppressor POI shift question

You said this is a new load, did you do any load development?
Not trying to be rude, but by your posts you don't seem to understand that anytime you change something with your ammo (or the ammo period) it can effect accuracy and/or POI. Just because your rifle shot small groups with one load (or type of ammo) doesn't mean it will shoot everything into small groups, or into the same spot (POI).

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.