Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Stretchy gunsling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: Stretchy gunsling

I have a standard VV(not the real wide one) and a butler creek (not the alaskan, but same just no shell holders) and the butler creek stretches more and feels more comfortable to me. 12# rem 700 VS.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member

Update on my Vero Velini stretchy sling - mine crapped out on me during a hunt recently. The rubber section separate, got a crack and separated into two sections. Only thing holding the sling together was a bit of nylon.

Really liked the sling, hope that this is a fluke since it did not hold up to the weight of the .325 WSM (12-14 pounds). I believe that it should have. Would like to return the damn thing but no idea where to send it.

Do not wish to suggest a product that will not stand-up, might have to reserve judgement on this sling for a while. Have a couple more and they seem to be fine.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:15 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys, I already took delivery (gotta be quicker! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) of the Butler Creek AM sling. Haven't really used it yet of course, but it feels nice....