Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Stream light any one try one.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Bronze Member

Stream light any one try one.

I was loking for another LED light Ihave there penlight single led version works great. I have one in my pack and the other in the glove compartment. The new streamlight are priced a bit less. They tactical models and about a dozen others.
Price is 39 for this one. The tactical modle are a bit more. Anyone compared these to the surefires?? I have only seen them on the site.
http://streamlight-flashlights.com/

[ 11-04-2003: Message edited by: Steve in Mi ]
Old 11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Stream light any one try one.

I have the "C" and "D" cell variety Twin-Task light(s). The LED are nice but the Xenon mode is not as bright as the Surefire G2. The LED (3 mode) will last a very long time and I use the "C" cell version as a camp light in the tent (hanging fron the center pole).

The seem quite durable but I like a brighter "white" light.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Bronze Member

I have the Streamlight Stingrer XT. NOT A LED Model. It about 7" long abd about 1" in Diameter with the Lithium Ion Recharge batteries...

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT...

It works great, very very bright, Holds the charge real well...Use it for hunting, fishing, in the truck,,,It is by far my favorite flashlight.

[ 11-04-2003: Message edited by: xring01 ]
Old 11-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Bronze Member

I have had experience with the SL Stinger and the Ultrastinger... The Stinger is awesome, but for more light output in a longer but slim package the Ultra is the ticket. Checkout
Candlepower if you are really serious about researching before buying the best light to suit your needs.

The Ultra does have a fragile bulb, $6 or so now. The Bulb for the ultra is housed in a ceramic piece which is VERY easily broke if dropped on a hard surface, sometimes the bulb pops out of the ceramic housing which gives you a weird beam...