Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Stock Stippling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Silver Member
Stock Stippling

I just saw a Sako stock that had after market stippling applied to the wrist and forearm. Does anyone Know anything about this process.
Dr B

Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Unread 10-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Silver Member
Re: Stock Stippling

Here is a linc to where you can do it yourself. It turns out perfect.

Unread 10-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Gold Member
Re: Stock Stippling

Here is a way i do wood stocks, in place of checkering. I assume you could do it to a composite stock as well.

I draw the borders around where i want the texture to be, Next i take a checkering tool and make the double line border. (might be hard to do on a composite stock)
Next i take a dremel tool with a small ball end cutter, just lightly make dimples inside the borders. Fill the entire lined area, its a good escape from checkering and looks great.

This is the stock from my 378WBY Imp. Made from African Paduk with contrasting Maple inlays.

I am going to give this a try on my gel coated carbon stock, the other way posted looks very good too, as long as your going to repaint the rifle.

"Let the good times roll"