Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Stiller Predator Action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2006, 05:37 AM
Gold Member

Stiller Predator Action

I put a barrel on a new Predator action yesterday. These actions are as fine as any I've ever seen. Final machining and finish are superb. You get everything that you would get with a "blueprinted" Rem 700 plus a Sako type extractor and a pinned lug. Hard to beat for the money.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Stiller Predator Action

What caliber?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
I put a barrel on a new Predator action yesterday. These actions are as fine as any I've ever seen. Final machining and finish are superb. You get everything that you would get with a "blueprinted" Rem 700 plus a Sako type extractor and a pinned lug. Hard to beat for the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi m8

could you keep me informed of the progress of this action
as i am thinking of importing them to the UK instead of blue printing.
as with the cost of buying the donor action,and then blue printing it,well you know the score.

how long was the delivery time?????
and did they deliver on the time quoted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thans
colin.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Gold Member

BuffaloBob, caliber is 17 Javelina AI.

Col48, I'm not sure how long it took to get the action. The customer sent Stiller a copy of my FFL and Stiller shipped it to me. I will definitly keep you posted on the actions progress. I'm working on a cooper for the same customer. I wish I had as good a report to make on it
Old 06-25-2006, 05:43 PM

Does it have a three peice bolt like the 700? How is the bolt handle attatched to the bolt body? So it has the Sako type extractor.......nice! I'm looking at one but just "started" my search. I wonder if you could put a bolt shroud safty on one like you can the 700? Are the parts such as the fireing pin and spring interchangable with the 700? Wow......guess I had better call Stiller and ask all these questions myself! FNMauser
Old 06-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Does it have a three peice bolt like the 700? How is the bolt handle attatched to the bolt body? So it has the Sako type extractor.......nice! I'm looking at one but just "started" my search. I wonder if you could put a bolt shroud safty on one like you can the 700? Are the parts such as the fireing pin and spring interchangable with the 700? Wow......guess I had better call Stiller and ask all these questions myself! FNMauser

[/ QUOTE ]

if you do m8
stick the answers up hear,as like i have said,i am sorting out the paper work to import actions or barreled actions from the USA.
thanks
Colin
Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Gold Member

Col,
Put that action out at a pound for dollar price and you can put me on your list of customers right now.

Ian.