Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Small quality digital camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Small quality digital camera

Scot...

Most likely because neither of mine are new and electronic camera's advance in technology at light speed.... Yesterday's new is today's old stuff....

I'd go broke if I treid to stay with cutting edge technology. Heck, we just got a flat screen TV. Still amazed at the picture quality compared to the old cathode ray tube....

If I can just figure out how to hook up the home theater system, all will be good......

I knew eventually I could get the size I wanted at the price I wanted, it was just a waiting game.....

Both my Fuji's are stone reliable. Thats a plus for me.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Scot...

Most likely because neither of mine are new and electronic camera's advance in technology at light speed.... Yesterday's new is today's old stuff....

I'd go broke if I treid to stay with cutting edge technology. Heck, we just got a flat screen TV. Still amazed at the picture quality compared to the old cathode ray tube....

If I can just figure out how to hook up the home theater system, all will be good......

I knew eventually I could get the size I wanted at the price I wanted, it was just a waiting game.....

Both my Fuji's are stone reliable. Thats a plus for me.
I hear ya, today's technology is amazing.

I guess my point was this segment of the camera industry, ie waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, has been around for a few years now and is only getting better. Even the ones a few years ago could go 10-15 feet underwater.

Scot E.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

I understood your point...

My point and shoot Fuji is IP rated the other one isn't. I have no affinity for water anyway so I'm not one to get into it other than bathing...infrequently....

Back in the day I developed my own stuff in a closet upstairs, like a whole bunch of home photo buffs did.

That's all gone now. Miss the chemicals and solutions......
Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member

I buy everthing I can waterproof. I would lean down ,get a drink in creek and so would by binos. Now I am afraid to get drink in creek after 30 yrs of doing it. I jumped out of boat in AK and my fm radio hit the drink, waterproof, yeh. Float tube fishing= h2o,waterproof. I stiil have a old point and shoot Nikon 35 film,wateproof
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Banned

High Quality and Cheap seem to be at odds with each other. For the money, the Canon G10/G11 seem to be the best buy on the market...extremely high quality, small, easy to use, with excellent lens and high megapixel. This (these) camera(s) are rated extremely high, run about 450.00 at most store. This is not an SLR, but you do not need an SLR to get marvelous pics. I love Nikon for SLR, but choose Canon for the point and shoot...they have mastered the field.