Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

"Shooter" for the androids.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

"Shooter" for the androids.

I ran across this program a few weeks ago when i set out to get a BC program for my new HTC ERIS droid OS. This program is really close to all my data and my QL program for my PC. I would highly suggest getting it and trying it out. There is going to be a version out soon that will have alot of bullet bc's and data already available in it and will cost $. But for what its worth it will be one of the best programs out their and available android software. Just thought i would give everyone a heads up because i havent seen any discussion on here about it yet. Thanks

bobby

Last edited by BobbyL; 03-16-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Bronze Member

Re: "Shooter" for the androids.

I also have this program, and i really works well for my 264 and 300rum....
Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Silver Member

I have it. Where did you see that it will be for sale, it is free now. Thanks,
BD
Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 AM

Thanks Bobby!

The non-free version will include:

- support for spin drift and coriolis effect

- new solution screen that allows you to quickly tap-in adjustments for distance/wind/wind angle and your solutions are auto-recomputed upon adjustment

- solver is more accurate

- better atmosphere model and the ability to choose what standard (ICAO/ASM) your bullet's BC data was measured against

- atmospheric conditions using GPS are to be exclusive to the paid version and has been enhanced

- bullet library that will be continually added to with updates

- your rifle/ammo profiles are split in two so that you can add several pieces of ammunition per rifle profile

- cleaner look thats better in sunlight

- solutions can be shown in "clicks"

- "correction factor" has been added to adjust for flaws in your scope's adjustments

Any new major additions in the future will be in the paid version. The free version will still be available and has been updated as well. Both new versions should be out within the next 1-2weeks.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Silver Member

Hi Sean: I have your program. I read in Snipers Hide that it will account for incline. How do you do that? Nice job by the way. I was going to put my exbal on my phone today but it sounds like your program will do everything that it will. If the snow ever melts here I will get to try it.
Thanks,
Brad
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for posting this info sean!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Up/down hill shooting can be accounted for as-is using the Target Angle input. 90deg=straight up, -90=straight down.