Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Scabbards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

Scabbards

What scabbard provides the best protection for the LR rifle to be transported on horseback? I see a couple on Midway and Cabelas that look decent. Fully enclosed and sturdy looking. Clearly the protection of the optics is paramount with the turrents etc sticking out everywhere. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Scabbards

Stay tuned---I should have some photos pretty quick of one that I am currently making right now. And it is designed for horseback hunting. I'm just finishing it up as we speak.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Scabbards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
What scabbard provides the best protection for the LR rifle to be transported on horseback? I see a couple on Midway and Cabelas that look decent. Fully enclosed and sturdy looking. Clearly the protection of the optics is paramount with the turrents etc sticking out everywhere. Thanks.
I can't recall the thread titles, but there have been a couple of good ones. Use the search bar top right corner of the page. mtnrunner has been a big part of those threads. He's been at this awhile with some good insights.