Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Safety glasses...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Safety glasses...?

Well thanks for the comments. SES50, I hope your noggin is ok now. I see alot of trap guys shooting with this brand or that of cardboard on the rails on thier glasses to help track the bird etc.
Im not trying to draw a line in the sand as to weather your right or wrong for choosing to wear eye protection. But I do belive in common sense safety.and will not join a club that mandates eye protection. period. To all the people who choose to go the extra mile, good for you. If you feel safer using them go for it.I hope you never come across a situation where you needed them on.
Maybe that means I wont get to enjoy the luxuries of a club, maybe not. Just my thoughts on lawyer run clubs mandating thier use.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Shot indoor rifle and pistol club here, it was required, with pistol, semi auto it is a real good idea, lots of stuff blowing back, you would get the occasional hot brass down the shirt collar thing, that would wake you up
Old 02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member

One good lawsuit could put a club out of business. There's this thing I like to call due diligence...that's what their lawyers do...if there is a lawsuit and the club has any chance of defeating it then they better be able to demonstrate due diligence...did they take all reasonable measure to protect the public etc etc. having said that I don't like and too often don't wear them either. But the older I get I guess the more it's sinking in to wear them, they just feel bulky and uncomfortable.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member

YA. As a supt in construction I get the unfortunate task of griping at my guys to wear them...Often this requires me to lead by example....agravates the heck out of me to enforce stuff I dont nessisarily agree with, but lawyers made the rules, and if I wanna be employed I gotta do all of my job, even the crappy part.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"