Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Rifle Basix Trigger...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2004, 03:24 AM
Bronze Member

Rifle Basix Trigger...

Hello everyone,

I am interested in one of those trigger as the local Remington dealers won't adjust my original below 3 lbs. He says it's a safety issue which I understand but still want a hair trigger for punching paper.
Anyone has any experience with these trigger? Any infos is much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:49 AM
Silver Member

Re: Rifle Basix Trigger...

I have the LV 1 8 ounce to 24 ounce model and it is a big improvement on the original .
Half the price of a Jewell here in Australia .
A little fiddly exchanging the safety from the original Rem. trigger . Don't adjust it below the factory setting of 8 ounces though as it WILL result in accidental discharge .
If money is no object go Jewell .
Old 10-27-2004, 09:01 AM

I've got two Rifle Basix triggers. One is the L-1 model, which is currently adjusted to roughly 2lb. Very nice.

The other is an LV-1. My supplier couldn't deliver another L-1, but I figured the max setting of 1.5lbs would be close enough to what I wanted. I'm not a fan of this one at all. It's on my wife's rifle, and she says she doesn't mind it, but it has so much creep it's like using a two stage.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

I have experience with 3, 2 4-20oz and the higher range one.

ALL HAVE SLAM FIRED WHEN PUT TO THE TEST AS THEY CAME FROM THE FACTORY.

test yours...barreled action in hand(scope removed), whack the front, rear, and side of the action with a rubber mallet

all the RB have slam fired, my jewell has not.

I alaways thought hte jewell was overrated and overpriced until i owned one.

FWIW, im going jewell from now on if i cant get what i want with the remmy trigger.

if you only want 1.5-2lbs, then shilen makes a good one for that purpose for like 75$

JB
Old 10-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Bronze Member

Hey guys, been watching this site for about 6 monts now. Never wanted to post until now. I have a Baxis trigger on my AR 15, Savage 300 ultra, and about 5 Remingtons. Installed them all myself. Never had a minutes trouble with any of them. I have them all down below 16 oz with no of the above problems. I have two spares right now just waiting to go into rifles. Would reccomend them to anyone.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:21 PM

I should elaberate on my trigger it is the 2oz to 2 pounds something like that it is a real pain to set and slam fires when it is set lite are a real problem.Seems to have alot of slop in it side to side and dose not seem to repeat the same pull any two time in a row.

Now for one of my other savages I have a sharp shooter it will only go down to 16 OZ but is reliable and smooth this is what I will do my 30 gibs with
Old 10-27-2004, 11:58 PM

i have one and will not own a second