Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Rifle Basix or Timney trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Silver Member

I have both, but I prefer the Timney by a slight margin. Very slight. The Timney installed a little easier, and the adjustments seem more.... well... linear. The Rifle Basix took quite a while to get just where I wanted it.

Both locked down well, though, and haven't needed any service since.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member

I had and RB last year on a 700 LA that almost wouldn't allow the safety mechanism to work. Some pretty nasty galling occured on the trig body. Sent it back to RB...they basically told me it was working fine. OK. Timney Sportsman (I think) worked OK before the RB for a couple of years, but then parts were worn. Timney probably has better trigs that the one I had. After the RB, I purchased a Jewel. Already set at one pound with no creep. Added in some overtravel and it was ready to go in very quick order. Great for LR. All stainless parts-no more worrying about blued steel rusting here and there. If I would've just gotten the Jewel in the first place I would've been much happier several years ago, fyi. Good luck in your decision.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl