Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Ric or Chris, Barrel Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Silver Member

Ric or Chris, Barrel Question

Ric or Chris,

Ric I see one of your new rifles sports a Broughton barrel and it appears to be fluted. Who fluted the barrel? Was it Chris or Broughton.
I looked a Broughton's site and don't see any options or pricing for fluting barrels. Their price for a 5C barrel is $275, how much more for fluting and what are the specs (no. of flutes, depth of cut)?

Also, if I wanted to match the contour and fluting of an existing barrel, would Broughton or Chris do this work and what would this cost.

Also, posting more pics of your lovely rifles would not be shamefull.

I have to say that I really enjoy looking at your rifles. Can you make the pics any bigger in future posts.

Take care,
Vic
Old 09-23-2005, 09:02 AM

Re: Ric or Chris, Barrel Question

Vic,

e-mail me and I can send you any size pic ya need... ;-)

as far as fluting Chris does that... you'd have to ask him for the price. He can do deep or shallow flutes...

I'm sure Broughton has a contour that will match what ever you want ...but again you would have to ask Chris...

I'll e-mail him to reply here...
Old 09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Gold Member

Re: Ric or Chris, Barrel Question

Like Ric said- I did the fluting.
Broughton will match your countour- no problem.

Email me for the rest of the details.