Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

rcbs electronic powder trickler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Silver Member

Re: rcbs electronic powder trickler

i'm with Randy. i have a press here and at my parents, with mixed equipment at both. currently the dispenser is there, and it doesnt affect my progress at all. i just dump a bunch of powder on the scale to hit close to my mark, then trickle or pinch a grain or two to hit my exact number and i weigh every single round i load. i'm willing to bet i'm just as efficient as any electronic trickler. to me, theres other equipent i'd rather waste- i mean SPEND, my money on.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:55 PM

I am looking into a combo scale/powder dispenser. The new Lyman 1200 looks nice, but I think that having the two units seperate might have some advantages.

What are all of your opinions on these scales?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Nimbo,

I like the RCBS/PACT dispensor alot. Tipping it upside down and apping on it to change the powder out is not something I'd like to be doing with my sensitive scale. Maybe Lyman has another provision for changing out powders, I'm not sure. I'd like to see the Lyman while working though.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Silver Member

Just got one. Talk about savin Time. (never mind about the worm up time) ( thats when I eat)When ya sit down and putem togeather it goes so fast. Hit dispence, Decap, wipe brass, measure brass. prime. dump in powder, hit dispence seat bullet and put it in the case and your ready for the next one. No more fussen with a hand tricler. Whoo Hooo!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 09:50 AM

I purchased the Lyman 1200 about a month ago, and so far it has worked brilliantly! I have checked it several time against my other scales, and it has always been dead nuts.

Brent,

Don't know how long it would take to run 125 grains of RL25, but 103 grains of RL25 that I load in my Warbird, takes about 50 seconds from start to finish.

KK
Old 06-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Kirk. It sound comparable to the RCBS/PACT unit.

How is it for emptying powder out of it, do you have to flip the scale and everything upsidedown to pour it back in the can?
Old 06-16-2003, 01:39 PM

Brent,

It's really very easy. There is a door on the back with a fold down ramp. Once you have the majority removed through this door, you remove the tray and finish the rest. Takes two minutes.

KK