Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Quick Detach Bipod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 AM

Quick Detach Bipod

I am looking for a bipod where I can take it off or put it on with just a snap of the wrist. I looked really hard at the Stoney Point quick detach version but it has two major draw backs. 1) every web page with a review says somewhere that the thing breaks when it gets cold and I hunt in really cold weather quite often. 2) The legs are always down.
I would really like to keep the modifications to my wood stock to a minimum. Does anyone have any good bipods that they would like to tell me about? If it helps I am looking at the Coldwell bipods with their quick disconnect.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Quick Detach Bipod

Check out versa-pod. I use them and like them.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member

Take a look at the Atlas Bipods

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Silver Member

Check this out.

Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo | LaRue Tactical
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Silver Member

Check out Vanguard bipods, they use a bracket that mounts to your front sling swivel stud, and the bipod clips onto a short Picatinny rail on the bracket.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

Atlas on a rail is the best your going to get.I favor the Seekin SRS rail,thein put rails on your other rifles and use the QD.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member

I bought the stoney point and it lasted about 7 rounds and the piece that attaches to the swivel stud came apart. I took it back. Currently I am using a blackhawk unit that swivels and cants. Nice. I would like something similar but in a QD model. I do, however, really like the blackhawk for the mountain terrain I hunt.