Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Press adapter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Press adapter

For all of my loyal customers, I am now offering a hand crafted adapter to convert your Toyota Truck to a handy dandy loading bench. For Ford and Chevy Truck owners you may add $2.00 to the base price. For Dodge owners, I will knock off $10.00 because I know you have no money because of all the repair bills you pay to just keep the Dodge running.

I tested this thing out today and it worked really well. I seated about 20-30 bullets at the range with it. Sets up fast and is strong enough. Major problem is that is is low to the ground. Have to remember to take it off next time before returning to the center of civilization.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Press adapter

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Some times ya just gotta wonder what some people do when it ain'r huntin season.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member

Roy

Just a note of appreciation for an obscure post you made quite few months ago wherein you mentioned something called a "benchrest follower". I bought one for my FN mauser action and that was what I used yesterday. Total magazine lenght is 3.3 inches and my loaded cartridges were running 3.409 inches. I don't know if your realize what a pain it is to single feed a mauser action but "Nevermore quothe the Raven" - Just drop the round into the benchrest follower and slide the bolt home. No more standing up and bending over to make sure the case rim gets under the claw and doesn't jam your pretty meplat into smusharoni.

It was really a slick piece of metal.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member

ya, da cool.

Having one installed in my AM. Am installing one myself in the 338 RUM.

On my M98 270WIN, Years ago I ground 'just enough' off of the bottom of the claw that it would effectivel single feed and wouldn't hold the case up from the follower upon extraction so I could retrieve the emptys. When the bolt is pulled back fairly slowly the empty is there for easy pickins. When pulled back with an attitude the empty flys out.

It works great for me, but my son, who inherited the rifle, is having fits with it. But, hey, tuff!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Gold Member

Hey now don't let my wife hear ya talking bad about her Hemi 4x4, she might slip it in low and drive over the top of your Toy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 07-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Silver Member

Mike, if you can't dodge it, ram it!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Mike, if you can't dodge it, ram it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well so far this year, we have done our fair share of that. Both trucks have gotten bent since the middle of March.

Gotta luv bump drafting !! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"