Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Portable Shooting Bench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Silver Member

Portable Shooting Bench

Here's the ultimate in shooting bench portability. Designed and field tested up to 600 yards by yours truely. The leg is adjustable for uneven grounds and don't take much room for storage. No patent applied or pending, so everyone is welcome to make their own [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. You can find all the materials needed at your local Home Depot or Lowe's. I got burned on my last post [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], so disclaimer is in order. I'm not responsible for any unsatisfactory result of your build [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Any deviation on the design or the intended use of the bench is solely the users responsibility [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Portable Shooting Bench

How much does that cost to build?

Can you give us the details about how to build it? Would like to make a few for an up coming PD trip?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Silver Member

Does anyone know what kid of "legs" those are? And perhaps what the purpose of that block of wood with the bolts through it is?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what kid of "legs" those are?

[/ QUOTE ]
It appears to be a portable saw horse available at any home improvement center.

[ QUOTE ]
what the purpose of that block of wood with the bolts through it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Silver Member

They look like legs inspired by crutches to me. My guess is they are independantly adjustable and can hold some weight too.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Silver Member

Found them at homedepot.com. Crawford portable sawhorses. $19.99 online. Rest looks like plywood. Great idea thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Found them at homedepot.com. Crawford portable sawhorses. $19.99 online. Rest looks like plywood. Great idea thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's it. Just cut some half-inch plywood and bolt them on the sawhorse. I used 5/16 ovalhead bolt and wing nut so that I can disassemble it with ease.

[ QUOTE ]
what the purpose of that block of wood with the bolts through it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

The block of wood with the bolt through it is for my RCBS RS press use for field reloading. You see, I build a multi-purpose bench that can be use for both shooting and field reloading.