Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Point Blank From Long Range 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2003, 05:00 PM

Re: Point Blank From Long Range 2

i just watched the video and i just dont get it when the guy told the shooter to shot him in the butt and then shot him in the head. whats this about?
Old 02-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

Chipper,I explain it earlier in the thread.But I will add some more to it....The deer was shot in the butt to show that a poorly hit deer at LR just does'nt run off the hill never to be heard from again.And to show the accuracy of the gun's we shoot.And also to show that we hit what and where we shoot.. The deer was dead in about a minute and a half.The deer was really dead before the second shot.Liver was mush... Hope that answered your ?

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]
Old 02-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

$4.95 Will cover the shipping for both Video's.Just so everybody know's.....
Old 02-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member

BillInPa.Glad you liked it.....Watching it on video is good.But it's alot better being there............ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...Good luck with getting your stuff around....Hunting season is getting closer everyday....IMHO there is'nt a 30 cal any better for LR hunting than the 300 Ultra....The 30 Hart is a fine round no doubt.The person who made the video feel's the same way.His 30 Hart does the job...But the Ultra does it better..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ....Again just my opinion [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]The ballistic program is the JBM......

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]
Old 02-14-2003, 12:41 AM
SPONSOR

RWest, I emailed Flinch this morning asking about the video, but as of yet, I haven't heard back from him. If I find anything out I'll let you know. I won't be borrowing this #2 video, I believe I'll just flat out buy it. Number one really wasn't what I was looking for, but from what Boyd told me ealier this year I think #2 will be the ticket.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:37 PM

ok sounds good, you guys will have to come to maryland. in august i shot a deer at 984 yards on a crop damage permint, keep up the good work!!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

Boyd,
I just got my copy of the video this weekend. It' isn't quite wore out yet, but...

I do have a question about it. I have noticed in both videos that you aren't using the spotter round method but rather the first shot method (except where the operator error required a second shot [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] ). Don't you feel you need the spotter under 1K yards? Obviously your system is working or else you are doing a lot of editing. Do you ever use the spoter round method? If so, under what conditions?