Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

PLEASE take a look at this link and let me know what you think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2005, 05:40 AM
daveosok

Re: PLEASE take a look at this link and let me know what you think

If you can get your hands on some Coppermelt give it a try.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
TM solution is great stuff and should do the job just fine. Wipe Out is as good but messier to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wipeout is not messy at all after you learn how to use it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Get some 3/8" OD vinyl tubing from the hardware store (1/4" ID)

This will fit the nozzle perfectly and allow you to seal it off in the chamber. NO MESS! just some spagetti from the muzzle [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JB
Old 10-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Dont waste your time. I am with Ric Horst on this one. JB bore paste will QUICKLY take out all copper and other fouling for that matter. The hardest part about using JB is getting the paste completly out. Thats where I start to use solvents. To get the paste out that is. Use a small amount of oil on the same patch as JB to eliminate the ever so slow wear on the barrel JB can cause.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:05 AM

I assume this the TM bore cleaner from Sinclair? I gave mine away since it did not seem to clean anything. I went back to Barnes CR-10. I put TM down the bore of the 300 Weatherby or 2506 and no blue patches. Put CR-10 down the bore, blue patches and then clean.

Was I not leaving the TM in long enough?