Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Please Delete

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: Homemade bore guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
I was just sitting here thinking. Because the bore guide is copper the copper removing solvents you use are going to effect it. So when running clean patches you might find it difficult to tell when things are clean.

You have a good idea so far. Plastic might be worth a look.Here is a link to United States Plastics Corp. They have plastic tubing of every size and some are chemical proof.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Home | Plastic Tanks | Plastic Buckets | Plastic Bottles | Labware | Plastic Tubing | PVC Pipe | U.S. Plastic Corp.
A plastic one is in the works..you are right about the copper..for the most part I don't use anything on my patches, maybe a swipe with oil, I will put some Wipeout on a peice of copper and see what happens.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
I used accra glass I am just in the "development" stages..lol. I have some JB weld too. The one in the pic I took apart already. I am learning as I go. After getting the O-rings it made it a lot easier to keep the case straight. This is just an experiment, I am not trying to cut anybody's grass. I have spare time at night..70% chance it won't work and I will just buy one. If I could get the Lucas I would...Thinkin I have to cut an access hole, to put the patches on..

Mike Lucas

lucasmjb@windstream.net

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 04-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

I have emailed Mr. Lucas, the problem is I live in Canada and too many people complained about shipping times. Also they can't mail more than 2 , we can thank the U.S. Homeland Sec. for that one cause they don't want terrorist cleaning there guns! ..Not sure what that means but that's what I got

well back to the drawing board, as stated Wipeout turns brass and copper, blue..Please delete thread..

Last edited by noneck180; 04-22-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Please Delete

The under $20 one in Sinclair is a heavy milled white plastic, many variations, o ring seal, sized for specific rod, slotted or non, sized for bolt size spec.