Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Pejsa Ballistics program and Zire Palm.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Platinum Member

Pejsa Ballistics program and Zire Palm.

Just got the Pejsa ballistics program in a Zire Palm. Cost is $169 with palm, software, and Pejsa's Handbook of New Precision Ballistics.

Some interesting features and quirks.

Can enter normal bullet info such as weight or BC if known, if not it will figure it (3 diff ways). MV, sight height, scope click values (.250 or .262) etc. Cannot do MOA comeups though.

can adjust for temp, altitude, pressure in inches, incline in degrees, wind speed and direction.

You can put any interval (10, 20, 50 or 100 yards for example, no metric at this time) for print out with limit of 27 inervals. For example if you zero'd at 500 had a target at 1300 you could input 1000 yard as first read out and then 27 more at 20 yard intervals. Takes about 1 sec compute time for each interval, 25 inervals will take about 25-30 seconds.

allows you to save that one cartidge data at a time, but not two different. When you go to second cartridge, you must reinput specific data and save. Only takes about 30 seconds but you still have to do it.

You see this at setup at www.pejsa.com or email at pejsa@sprintmail.com

Overall definitely not a bad program for the money ($170) and it comes with the palm. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Pejsa Ballistics program and Zire Palm.

Have a look at the Palm Exbal program, I'm looking for opinions on this palm software.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:13 AM
Platinum Member

AlbertaBound,

Thanks for the link, I really like this one, $50. bucks with the Palm is that for real? You guys using Mil-dots or NP-R2s gotta check this programs details out.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Silver Member

Brent, were did you see it for $50, with the Palm? I looked everywhere but didnt see it. Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Lee is right, I misunderstood what I read. A couple email replies from Gerald;

Brent;

The $50.00 includes both a Palm Version and a PC version. You will have to load the PC version yourself. In most cases when you put the CD in your reader it will start installing automatically. If you send me your Palm and a check for $10.00 to cover handling, I will install the Palm version on it for you.

Thanks,

Gerald L. Perry
www.Perry-Systems.com

phone: 361-584-2278

fax: 775-239-0091

Brent;

I forgot to answer your question about Excel. Only the PC version interfaces with Excel. Al PC versions since version 3.0 have this interface. Exbal will load an Excel spreadsheet with the calculation results plus all of your set up data. This is great for formatting your own report, generating reference cards, comparing trajectories, etc.

Thanks,

Gerald L. Perry

You guys using the mil-dot and R2 type reticles especially, should give this a real close look. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave King,

Is this the program you use, I forget but I heard it mentioned before and was wondering if it was from you or someone you know?

They don't leave much out of this one here. The power adjustment with the reticle in the second focal plane in combination with this program is pretty cool stuff.

Something else you guys might find helpfull Gerald sent me too.

Brent;

I think it is easy to install the software on the Palm. If your batteries get low donít run the program just shut the Palm down. Then when you open the battery compartment you have a few seconds to change the batteries. I have never had a problem and I have done it several times. I have a Palm M100 which cost me about $100. You can buy refurb units from Palm for less than that.

I have never tried using a memory stick. Exbal is about 60KB and easily fits in main memory.

By the way, you will need the Palm desk top software which has an option to load software into your Palm unit.

Thanks,

Gerald L. Perry

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Brent ]
Old 01-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Silver Member

I found what he's talking about. That doesn't appear to include the palm. It is a combo package which includes the PC version and the palm version of the program, but there's no palm.