Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

PDA and software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Hired Gun
The Perry guy tried to talk me into the pocket pc version too. No way I'm taking that kind of money out in the rain. I bought the Palm version and put it on the $99 Palm from Staples. Got the waterproof clear cover for it. It works great and the battery only needs charged once a month."

I've gotten used PPC's off eBay and Craig's List for alot less than that. If all I did was run Exbal on it, that battery would easily last a month. However, I run many other programs on mine and used it several times daily. I usually charge it every week or so--more to sync it than charge it. Spare extended life batteries are quite cheap on eBay, if you're worried about battery life.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia - Shelter for Your WildSide -

Unread 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Bronze Member
I run Exbal on an old Palm Vx. I have had no problems with the program.

Does anyone know what types of problems were reported on the Palm platform? Maybe I have some bugs and just do not know it.