Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Pact powder dispenser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Pact powder dispenser

I really appreciate the information. I have never used or been around one although I have reloaded for well, longer than I want to admit. When you gentlemen speak of it being slow... just how slow is slow? 10 sec., 30 sec., 60 sec. average per load. Thanks again for your input.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Bronze Member

Bought myself one for Christmas. Yes, I read some of the reviews, but this was 2/3rds the price of the RCBS and the time has not been an issue. Have loaded over 100 cases so far and checked it against an Ohaus every 10 or so. You may have to adjust up or down a grain or two for consistency and the units have to be placed on a solid surface. Yes, I would purchase again. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Arizona Wildlife Foundation
Old 01-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member

W,

I have none of those problems with the RCBS. It comes up to weight and stays there. I've compared it against my old Ohaus (a fairly cheap one back in 'the day'. They disagree by 0.2 grain but I don't know which one is correct. Actually it doesn't make any difference. One of these days I'll check it against my neighbor's big fancy one.

I would really like to figure out how to program it to get an extra decimal point as I am confident that it is sensitive to that level but would think that RCBS wouldn't back it to that degree of accuracy. But I'm bettin you coul tell if you had a light or heavy 67 grains.....
Old 01-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Silver Member

I haven't had any trouble form my Pact. I have had it for more than 5 years, but I don't remember exactly how long.

I tried what W was commenting about last night while loading some ammo. Everytime I took the pan off the scale and put it back on, it gave me the same weight reading. No variances were noted.

Chris
Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Silver Member

I've had the "newer faster Pact" since they introduced it and gave a discount for buying the new one direct from Pact, and havn't seen ANY problems with being off even .1gr.

I never timed it but it's fast enough that it waits on me and I don't wait on it... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

$bob$