Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Oehler 35 P

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Oehler 35 P

All day , light went from full sun to partial to full cloud and so on .........

I am a giggling man ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This thing is working so good I can't wait to get back to the range and shoot some more !

I am planning on a full review once I have enough time using it to make a report . At the outset I can say that in accordance with others experience the Chrony that I had been using was a tad optimistic . Shooting the same loads at approx the same values ( temp, etc ) as I had used with the Chrony resulted in 20 fps reductions with the Oehler 35p. May not seem like much but as you all know ................way out there it's a bunch.

I have some more ladders and other tests up and coming for this new tool and will share as they occur .

Too much fun !!!! Jim
Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Silver Member

jimm,
I also purchased an Oehler,only without the printer.I have tried it only once and I love it.
My experience was the same as yours.I found out that my old Chrony (Beta master) was very optimistic.Over the Chrony my favorite load was registering 3180-3200 f/s.The same load,same conditions,averaged 3150 over the Oehler 35.Headed to the reloading bench to add more powder to the load to get the velocity back,for my TDS reticle is calibrated for the higher velocity.Of course this gives me the chance to play with the Oehler again and run the figures through the QL program.
Good luck!Just wish that I had bought the Oehler first and had the money back(and fustrations)spent on two Chronys!Live and learn!
Jim [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info, guys. At the end of last week everybody was out of stock but I was able to snap one up off ebay. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Bronze Member

HEY FELLAS OEHLER MAKES A QUALITY PRODUCT. THEY TELL THE TRUTH. AGAIN LIKE OTHER QUALITY PRODUCTS YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH MINE IS SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PAINT THE BULLET BLACK WITH A MAGIC MARKS ALOT FOR THE EYES TO SEE IT AS ITS HAULIN ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!