Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Oehler 35 P

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

Oehler 35 P

Probably ought to entitle this " first impression "

It seems that many things are the same no matter how old we get . The days immediately following christmas for example.........boys playing with their toys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I had decided to hold of on buying a 35P even though they were about to go the way of the wooly mammoth. Reason being was I could'nt buy the things I wanted to give to my family for Christs birthday celebration. Also in my twisted mind that was just an incentive to start plotting and planning on a Oehler 43 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well , I have a 35P anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. A friend of mine had heard me speak of the impending demise of the 35 and a coupla of days or so before Christmas he showed up at my house . " here , I know you've been wanting one of these " he said as he handed me the case that held the works plus some extras .

I haven't had time to do much other than familiarize myself with it and read alll ! the destructions [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Upon doing so I found that Dr. Oehler had placed a number to call in the very end orf the instructions that when I called it I was awarded a certificate for $200.00 toward the purchase of a 43 !!!!!

scroll down

Just kidding [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] They do , however place emphasis on reading the entire booklet . I found it to be well written , a refreshing thing in these days on " instruction manuals " that are obviously written by someone with only a rudimentary grasp of the language . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Yes , it worked , shot some weighed .22 rimfire bullets through it and compared them to a handful of unweighed ones , Eyeopening for sure .

I have an ancient Chrony so I will be looking at the results I recorded with it on current handloads in comparison readings with the 35p , as well as reporting on the performance .

Jim Brown
Old 01-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Gold Member

Re: Oehler 35 P

At least for those of us that have them,parts and service will still be available. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member

jimm:

Good for you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You'll be glad you got it. They are an accurate, dependable and precise piece of equipment. Congratulations and keep us posted as to what you think of it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Platinum Member

What did I miss? Where's the model 35 going? I was just about to order another one.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Silver Member

They discontinued the Oehler 35 line. I still haven't figured out quite why but that's what there doing. Last I heard they were putting together the last of em that they had the parts stockpiled for, and that was gonna be it. They expected to be sold out by the end of last year. . . so you may want to start trying to track one down NOW if you ever want another one.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Silver Member

i just ordered my one from bruno's. they have 2 left i think and sinclairs have some in stock as well. better be quick [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Nowler ,

I forgot to mention that my initial experience with the 35 was under full cloud cover and I had the skyscreens on and never missed a read on 50 or so .22 long rifle rounds with no " possible error " alerts from the proof screen .

Pretty dang impressive but hey ! I've been using a Chrony for ten years ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I reallly look forward to some solid data in the days ahead .

Jim