Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

NXS Customer Service Tops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: NXS Customer Service Tops

Pete -- for those prices it definitely makes more sense.

Over here i can get a 22xNXS for $1300 or less, and the 4-16 PM2 is about 1000$ more... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JB
Old 10-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
The Special Operations Command might have some S&Bs, but they have a little of everything….. They get all the toys!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] As I play with my EOTech, and S&B. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 09:09 AM

Sorry all, I must chide in. Pete isn’t wrong with his perspective. We know that S&B carry’s a reputation worth betting a life on. At the same time, many SEALS, (US Navy Contract with NF) bet their lives on NF’s equipment as well. Both manufacturers’ works for me. Now, where is that SAKO TRG 22 I am looking for?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Gold Member

Pete,
Thats exactly as I thought. For those prices and differences I would do exactly as you are and buy the S&B.. But like Jbr1000 said. we can get the NF and leupold for much less. If my life depended on it I'd go with the S&B no doubt.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member

Pete,
Deer Mr. Ambasador, Sir - with all due respect, my eyes see better through Asian made junk than they do through Germany's finest. Must be the Canadian air or something - eh!

Would I swap an NXS for the new S&B - thanks but...
Would I swap a Lexus for a BMW - never owned either but that is also a toughie.

As for trusting a scope with one's life, your military background has made your respect for that a reality. Most of us just don't have such concerns.

Wish you a great hunting season, I still say you are blessed to have so much opportunity and I respect your dedication to our sport. Really enjoy sharing your hunts through the great notes you provide. Sounds like you just had a great hunt with several species taken.

Back on topic, I had a POI shift problem with the first NXS I bought, sent it to them FEDEX from Canada on a Wednesday, had it back perfectly corrected on Monday. Cannot see it getting much better than that. They admitted that a certain mil-spec glue had not been given sufficient time to setup properly and that allowed movement of key innards.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Silver Member

I wonder why Pete hasn't mentioned that S&B has a 10 year warranty vs. a Lifetime Warranty from Leupold and NF. What do you have to say about that Pete? If they are so good why not step up to the plate and meet or exceed the competition? I'll never pay $1000 more for a scope that has a 10 year warranty.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Now don't go blaming Pete for decisions made by S&B [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
He only uses them - he doesn't build them or own the company.

Like many of us the man likes good toys. Pete is an excellent example of Brand Loyalty - he has strong opinions on S&B and he lets us know them. I can name a few more examples of that in this bunch of guys.