Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

The new Oehler 35p is on its way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member

The new Oehler 35p is on its way

I received a phone call from the fine folks at Oehler this evening and they shipped my
new 35p today.

As most of you know they stopped making them a few years ago due to the demands of
the military and most of us were devastated by the news because they were one of the
best if not the best and we have become dependent on there accuracy and dependability.

A few months ago they announced that they were going to make a limited run of the 35p's
and I jumped on one because mine is 20+years old and even though it still works perfect
and they will continue to service it I felt that I should go ahead and buy a new one just
in case.

They have put together a complete 35p with hard case,sky screens, two tripod stands
and a 4 foot bar with detents for correct spacing.

If anyone is looking or needs one you better sign up for one now they are on a limited
run and I don't know if they will ever be offered again.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited by J E Custom; 08-11-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: The new Oehler 35p is on its way

Very sage advice-----I would not trade mine for anything! One of the best tools that I own!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member

+2 on that!

Buy one now and never regret it and never worry "is my chrono accurate?"

BH
Old 08-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Platinum Member

J E, good to hear you got their call. I too am waiting on mine. Several months ago I ordered one and they said I'd get a call sometime in August and would probably ship before end of August...Hope I hear from them soon. When you get yours let us know how it looks.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
J E, good to hear you got their call. I too am waiting on mine. Several months ago I ordered one and they said I'd get a call sometime in August and would probably ship before end of August...Hope I hear from them soon. When you get yours let us know how it looks.
Don't worry . When I talked to Qehler about mine they said that I was next to the last person
to call (I just barely made the first Cut) and they said that the next batch that was going to be
shipped would be withen a couple of weeks.

Apparently they were overwhelmed by the response and have decided to assemble more
So that everyone that wants one will be taken care of.

J E CUSTOM
Old 08-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
Don't worry . When I talked to Qehler about mine they said that I was next to the last person
to call (I just barely made the first Cut) and they said that the next batch that was going to be
shipped would be withen a couple of weeks.

Apparently they were overwhelmed by the response and have decided to assemble more
So that everyone that wants one will be taken care of.

J E CUSTOM
Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
I'm in your boat!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member

I also received my phone call from Oehler the same day JE did, and mine is in transit also. I'll be running this 35P unit concurrently with my other two chronographs (Oehler 33 & PACT) the first few times out, to get a feel for the relative velocity readings. One bad shot and I'll take out seven (7) skyscreens!