New Bore Cleaner ( I Think )
Just got a bottle of "Bore Tech" "Eliminator" this weekend. I think it may be the next Coppermelt. Bottle says contains no ammonia, and there is no strong odor. Instructions Follow:
1. Wet 2 to 3 patches with Eliminator and push through bore to remove any loose fouling. Only push patches through in one direction. Do not pull patches back through the barrel.
2. Make 10 to 15 passes with a tight fitting NYLON bore brush saturated with Eliminator.
3. Repeat step 1 and wait 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Push dry patches through the bore untill they come out clean.
5. Before storing firearm, dampen a patch with Eliminator and push through the bore.
6. Before using firearm, always run a dry patch through the bore. This will remove any residue and ensure against obstructions.
I followed 1 through 5 and got a clean patch, pushed several dry patches through, then followed with Coppermelt and got nothing, completely white patch. I'm not saying it's better than Coppermelt, but so far, I believe it's just as good. 16 oz. bottle was $25.00 at the local gun shop Vs. $31.95 for 3.5 oz Coppermelt.