Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Need help with a new hunting pickup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

Need help with a new hunting pickup

I am in the market for a new pickup. I have looked around and found only Chevy/GMC to be the only pickup to offer enough room to place you rifle beside you as you drive. The Toyota Tundra I looked at has a dash that come down vertical so room is very limited. Dodge is much the same. Ford I did not look at yet. So my question is what are you driving and is it hunting friendly? I have a 99 Suburban and besides missing a pickup box it is a good hunting unit. I just want to update because miles are getting up there and the last thing I want to do is break down during my vaction when I should be in the field hunting. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need help with a new hunting pickup

Get a 4 door Ford F-350. Plenty of room in the cab for gear, and the use of a pickup bed to haul your deer and such.
I won't be buying anything from bailout companies.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need help with a new hunting pickup

I will give Ford a gander, don't really need a tonner but I will check out the 3/4 ton. Bailout is kind of the reason I am looking. I don't want to be buying in the near future when the government is telling them how to build the vehicles. Never been much for keeping up with the Jones's but I think now is the time to buy.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran