Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Need chronograph

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Need chronograph

Want to get one but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. It doesn't have to have everything, just the basics. Was wondeing what would be a good one to start with. Thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need chronograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghntr View Post
Want to get one but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. It doesn't have to have everything, just the basics. Was wondeing what would be a good one to start with. Thanks
I think Pact sells one for about $125 that is very basic, but a lot of that depends on your budgit. Ohler and Pact are the two best out there
gary
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Bronze Member

I have a shooting chrony, I think the F-1. It tends to give an error display about once in six or eight shots. I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghntr View Post
Good idea on the purchase of a chronograph. Very useful tool for load development. We bought a Shooting Chrony a couple years back and had a lot of errr messages come up using it and didn't really understand why. Anyway got a chance to get rid of it and bought a CED M2 about a year ago and it worked to my liking. I know there are other brands that probably work just as well but so far no complaints.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Silver Member

I have a Pact Pro that I've had for years, it's a great unit!

Bob
Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
I have a Pact Pro that I've had for years, it's a great unit!

Bob
is your Pact one of the newer designs? I've been looking at that one. I've had a PC2 for many years, and it's just never missed a beat. I bought it because they were (at the time) doing a joint venture with RCBS to develop a down loading systen to work with your PC. Nobody (consumer) seemed all that interested, so they dropped the idea. I wish they'd simply add a USB port or a card reader slot into the main box.
gary
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
is your Pact one of the newer designs? I've been looking at that one. I've had a PC2 for many years, and it's just never missed a beat. I bought it because they were (at the time) doing a joint venture with RCBS to develop a down loading systen to work with your PC. Nobody (consumer) seemed all that interested, so they dropped the idea. I wish they'd simply add a USB port or a card reader slot into the main box.
gary
Mine is at least 15 years old, still working fine. I did manage to hit one of the diffuser supports with a bullet. I was going to order new ones but ended up making them from aluminum instead. An SD card slot would be really nice!

Bob