Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

My Package, opinions please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2002, 05:26 PM
Bronze Member

Re: My Package, opinions please

"Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement" did a review awhile back... it was more of an introduction to the rifle rather than an accuracy test. Being that this rifle is pretty much backordered when they do start shipping, it might be awhile before someone else comes out with a accuracy review.

Armalite says that they start shipping "mid-September". I have my fingers crossed...
Old 09-01-2002, 05:22 PM

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] We have tried for three years to pick up the NightForce* line of rifle scopes. They will not sell to us; in our opinion, it is because some of their dealers are worried that we will discount the scopes. We think that competition is good and is the American way. We have been told that their authorized dealers are cut off if they do not obey pricing policies. In our opinion, this is "price fixing".
We buy NightForce* from several different dealers all over the U.S. and can still sell them to you for the prices below. Think how much you could save if we were direct with NightForce* and we could sell them for whatever we wanted to. You don't pay sticker when you go to buy a new car, so don't pay full retail for a NightForce* either. Although we pride ourselves in stocking everything we advertise it is very difficult to get Nightforce NXS scopes and we may not have a model in stock that we advertise, but we would rather still list it with its price as a guide line for price comparisons

i believe www.swfa.com has the nightforce scope you mention for $1219 and the above paragraph is from their (swfa.com) website.

i have done business with swfa.com and am very satisfied. owner personally called me back when i had a question about internal MOA on a scope.

fyi

george
Old 12-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Silver Member

has anybody shot an AR-30 in .338 lapua yet,thanks,keith
Old 11-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Silver Member

who has the best price on nightforce scopes,thaks,keith
Old 11-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Bronze Member

Wow, thought this thread was dead...

I received my rifle around Mar/Apr '02 timeframe, total cost of rifle with a few accessories and complete reloading stuff came out a bit more than $3200. Talk about getting into centerfire in a big way. I decided on a IOR 6-24x50 scope and Barrett adjustable MOA rings on top of the 15moa Armalite scope base. Being that both Leupold and Burris were known for a few lemons and the NXS option was a few hundred dollars too much at the time.. (goes back to the price fixing post above which I don't agree with.)
Old 11-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Bronze Member

sco,

I would be very interested where you got the ar-30 for around 750$ plese let me know thanks