Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Muzzle brake test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

I'm thinking more like a pressure sensing device against the recoil pad, or better yet without a recoil pad.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Silver Member

nate can you post some pics of your brakes. thanks
Old 02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Silver Member

Sweet vids Nate, thanks for sharing.

My analysis --

To my eye anyway, the Xtreme seems to have slightly more recoil reduction, however the angled port brake seemed to reduce more muzzle flip.

Any chance of a hybrid of the two concepts? Basically an Xtreme with the ports angled like the second brake?
Old 02-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Wow

These are impressive videos. Glad your site now supports these Len.

I've never shot a braked rifle before. But I've got two on order and having seen these videos, I'm really glad I decided to go with the brakes.

Nate... Isn't that hard on the ears to be off to the side when you touch off those rounds? Hope you had more than that rabbit fur hat covering your ears Thanks for the videos and I can't think of a better way to market a muzzle brake to those who haven't used them before.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Gold Member

Len,
No probelm. I sent you an e-mail with the three links. If they don't work let me know.

Yes, I agree on the handgun. I'm in the process of building myself a 6.5 WSM
on an XP100R. but it is on hold as I've been doing a whole bunch of upgardes to make my shop more efficient.

308nate
P.S thanks again for the new software. I just thought I would try it and it worked! I very much appreciate all the upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Nate, that is quite impressive. That upward "V" brake would be even more noticeably helpful on a handgun.

I love the way our new software plugin enables automatic embedding of the video clips. This is the first time I've seen Photobucket clips shown. It works with about 15 different hosting sites.

But...now I screwed it up and only 2 of the 3 are functioning as embedded. I don't know why.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Gold Member

James,
Glad you enjoyed the pix of my shop and I'm looking forward to getting that pkg., but no pressure whenever you get to it.
Cheers,
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jones View Post
That is very impressive. WhenI got the rifle back that belongs to "eddybo" (factory MK-V weatherby in 300Wby mag) and took it out to test fire it I was amazed how little recoil it had , several guy a little bit down the firing line snapped to attention at the blast and wondered over to ask what it was at the second shot when I just held the rifle in the palm of my left hand rested it against my shoulder and reached inand tripped the trigger everybody was baffeled(no pun intened) at the lack of recoil. I ended up letting several guys shoot it and handing out all the cards I had of yours.

Your shop looks great , I'll have that packaged up and mailed out this week , had to find a box worthy of the material inside
Old 02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Gold Member

Tyler,
Your brake is on its way to you. you should have it around Tue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Kemp View Post
Can't wait to get my brake from you, once I get my 7mm barrel, I think I will go with your new design when it becomes available.