Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Military Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Bronze Member

Military Binoculars

Im going to purchase some Military Binoculars, but im kinda on a budget try to spend a reasonable amount. About have any suggestion of choice of product i should go with or maybe any experience with any military binoculars in general?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBaldwin07 View Post
Im going to purchase some Military Binoculars, but im kinda on a budget try to spend a reasonable amount. About have any suggestion of choice of product i should go with or maybe any experience with any military binoculars in general?
Military Binoculars, i heard they were really expensive so in that case you might have to go with a off brand or not well known brand of binoculars. I will check into some good brands to see if there any high quality binos that slip into good price range.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBaldwin07 View Post
Buy one of these...

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog...products_id=59
Old 07-18-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Fox View Post
I think he said mid budget thats pretty high. I was looking at some military binoculars the other day and i saw a good brand Centurion Systems. They were in reasonable price and my hunting bud (owner of local shop) couldnt stop talking about how much of a deal it was.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 PM

I've no experience with military binocs in general, but you pay a very "reasonable amount" for the glass you get in my opinion:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...page=1&fpart=1

I've the 7x30 "rubber armored" and the 8x30IR he sells. Good eye relief on the 7x30 armored.

Don(USSR) is a good guy to do business with and sells these Russian binocs a couple of times a year as he gets shipments in.

My .02
Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Here is the link http://www.opticsbestbuy.com/CENTURI...s-CS12001.html

The quality and price are great, usually they go for about twice what there priced at there. I thought it was a hell of a deal for military binoculars. Hope i was enough help.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Bronze Member

I looked at binoculars on line recently and had the impression a lot of US military guys personally buy the Steiner "military/marine" range. these are at good price i.e US160 for 8X30's. The acutal US military I think buys the next level up with special range finding plex which would irritate me.

I almost bought the military/marine those as I did not like dragging me Leicas in the dirt when I hunt, but ended up getting the same in the "nighthunter" range as I likethe wrap around eyecups and do a lot of my shooting on dusk when I want maximum light transmission