Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2006, 04:47 AM
Gold Member
Re: McMillan

I agree completely, but still.... no one can take off that rush and never ending wait [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Unread 07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Silver Member

I checked their web-special page and they had an A-5 that fit my barreled action just great! Paid on Friday and got it today!
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Bronze Member

Dave O.,

You are not a troop. You are a trooper. One troop equals many troopers.
It all started with a 280......
Unread 07-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

Dave and i are both in the military, I am a 2x oif vet myself. Macmillian did give me a discount on my 2 stocks, however the wait is not worth the headaches. If i ever need Mcmillian stock again i will order it 6 months in advance. Three months was not enough.

Unread 07-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

I am on week 17, and still no stock. I did order an A-5 with all the bells and whistles and inleted for Nesika Action, and they told me it would take 12 to 14 weeks. Like I said, I am on week 17. I don't mind waiting for the best stock built, I guess I would just like to be told ,up front, how long it will really take to complete the stock. If they would have said 6 months, I still would have ordered one. I just want to be told the truth! I just hope, when I receive the stock, there are no mistakes.

Unread 07-23-2006, 02:06 AM
Silver Member

i ordered one of them and was told 8 weeks
it took 20 weeks.
now to me this is a complete joke,is there not anyone out there that can give them a run for the money.?????
to me it should not matter if you have military orders our not,or if you only order one stock our 30, customer service should be the same.
the stock after import and the rest came to £350 i do not expect to have to wait 1 1/2 times longer than i was told it was going to take.
i have the stock now and i am glad i had one,(this is my second)and they seem to be better made than any other stock i have looked at.but that is no excuse to get your lead time wrong by so much,maybe if someone sent them a calender
they would be able to chart there time out better,or get someone in that has a clue about how long it would take to make the stocks,because as it is,it seems that someone is in the wrong job.
Unread 07-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Silver Member

My stock has apparently shipped.

It was within the time I was last told - actually one business day after my fax to them the stock was apparently completed.

Appparently my suggestion that the lead times be posted on the web and updated may get some attention. I suggested a full tracking system too and hope that gets implimented to save frustration, but it shouldn't be for me to suggest to McM how to keep their customers happy.

Now the wait for shipping....

Anyway, I think most people now know what they are in for with McM and can decide for themselves whether they a willing to put up with the wait and the level of service.